"God" in woman's curly hair

JGoo8

I thought it was her license plate. I can only guess what it means.

1 Like

The Japanese word for god is kami.
The Japanese word for hair is kami.
Just coincidence? I think not.

4 Likes

I wish her the very best in her treatment. My mom had the same form of cancer and has been in remission now for four years. Stay strong, Ms. Kissee!

6 Likes

Please noteā€¦

ā€œYahweh is favored by most Hebrew scholars and is widely accepted as the pronunciation of the tetragrammatonā€

Right there in your own link. Iā€™m simply using the accepted terminology, so Iā€™m not sure what your complaint is.

That said, if you want to really trace it even further back? Yahweh used to be El or Il, god of the Canaanites.

3 Likes

Jgooo or maybe J6000.

Andre 3000?

3 Likes

Things must be going well in the world if God has time to write her name in peopleā€™s hairā€¦

1 Like

I see ā€˜booā€™! Ha ha you got me God, I really jumped when I read it.

3 Likes

So ā€˜Godā€™ now spends his time as a hairdresser rather than saving millions of people from dying from lack of food. Nothing like getting your priorities right. (ps I think it says Goo)

2 Likes

'And in Theological news, God continues to dick around about actually verifiably confirming his existence.

The latest case? Spelling out the word ā€œGodā€ in the hair of a medical patient with good prospects of recovery which are being vaguely attributed to his influences, instead of actually appearing in front of her, performing a laying on of hands, and miraculously cleansing her of both illness and sin in a flash of divine light.

When asked whether he was concerned that his deed might be mistakenly attributed to the well documented psychological phenomenon of Pareidolia, God refused direct comment, instead communicating through the medium of a drunken Shriner with an Ouija board who managed to spell out the phrase, ā€œObombaā€, which some have interpreted as a critique on the current administratonā€™s foreign policy and continued military presence abroad.ā€™

13 Likes

Sounds sweet, but comes off as pious fraud/attention seeker :confused:

1 Like

Follow the gourd! The holy gourd of Jersusalem! And the first to point out the typo shall be stoned until deaā€¦

6 Likes

Out of curiosity, why is it you only ever see articles about this sort of thing involving Christianity?

Where are all the news articles about people attributing their good fortune to The Buddha, or to the Mother Goddess or the Horned Man, or to Krishna or Vishnu, or to the blessings of Odin, All-Father, or to the works of the Fae?

3 Likes

I bet if you were in a non-Christian dominated area, you would see miracles and signs attributed to the God of the local religion.

Such as Allah in the Middle East, or a Hindu god in India.

True, but I mean, there are plenty of non-christians in the US who could have this sort of faith-based pareidolia. Why do those cases not get into the news?

I mean, I understand why they donā€™t get into newspapers and onto television news, because those companies operate within a systemic bias, but weā€™re on the internet - shouldnā€™t there be non-christian stories like this floating around online, among the independent sources?

1 Like

That homonym sets up a very old folk-joke from animistic Japan. A priest and an acolyte are traveling. The acolyte stops to empty his bladder against a tree. The priest admonishes him that this is disrespectful to the kami of the tree. The acolyte turns to a large rock, and is again admonished similarly. Finally the frustrated acolyte urinates on the priestā€™s head, saying ā€œWell, thereā€™s no kami here!ā€
The Japanese had quite a few folktales that demonstrated a healthy disrespect for religion.

8 Likes

so, itā€™s pronounced, with a hard G, like .gif?

:wink:

Looks more like ā€œgoofā€ to me, which makes more sense, frankly.
Iā€™m reminded of the great Mitchell and Webb sketch:

13 Likes

Looks more like ā€œGooā€ to me. Or perhaps itā€™s the new Google Doodle?

1 Like

Iā€™m sure there are. How many Jewish/Islamic/Hindu/Buddhist centric media sites/papers do you consume? Do you know how to use Google?

http://turntoislam.com/community/threads/new-sign-of-allah-swt-in-afghanistan-must-see.21661/

http://quranicverse99.tripod.com/pathtoparadise/id2.html