God of Hammers cosplay with LED eyes (don't try this!)

Rimshot%20-%20Harley%20Quinn%2C%20Batman

5 Likes

ā€œIā€™ll stop doing it when you stop laughing.ā€

5 Likes

No one ever did comic books or movies about Meticulous Lab Procedures Man.

13 Likes

I thought that cc issuers (maybe not all) had to ā€œabsorbā€ unauthorized purchases if those were reported within 60 days?

Iā€™m not sure. The debit card is from her bank. Last I heard she was still fighting it.

2 Likes

Debit, not so much. :frowning_face:

4 Likes

My niece texted me on the latest. CE is starting to sound kind of shady.

2 Likes

no no. donā€™t stop.

1 Like

Itā€™s a quote from the second greatest zombie movie of all timeā€¦

Why is it the second greatest zombie of all time? Well, since you askā€¦

7 Likes
7 Likes

This song was about as widely misunderstood as Born in the USA. In fact, Timbuk 3 added a new verse because everyone was simply not getting it.

1 Like

Sure be careful out there, but is this really so dangerous as to be the first article needing ā€œdonā€™t tryā€ in the subject, in nearly 2 years on boingboing? The last one I found was:

If people can exit a dark movie theater into sunlight without damaging their eyes, Iā€™m not worried about eye damage.

Now when cosplayers realize they can bounce laser pointers off partially mirrored contacts, then letā€™s warn the kids.

1 Like

So she had the blacklight LEDs in the helmet and the contacts react to the blacklight? Is that correct?

1 Like

Perhaps the way the contact lenses glow under the UV light is an indication that they are absorbing and reflecting most of the UV and they protecting the eyes from this.

I hope sheā€™s also wearing lots of sunblock. I managed to get a mild tan from some black lights in a haunted house where I spent a few hours monitoring guests.

1 Like

That wasnā€™t at ECCC though, right? ReedPop runs that one.

1 Like

Yes, debit too. Regulation E may have his mom on the hook for $50, but as long as the transaction was reported unauthorized in a timely fashion sheā€™ll get the money back. The bank has 30 business days to conduct its investigation and respond in writing to the address they have on file for the customer.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have to text my niece on that. It was she and her friends who got stung.

As I understand it a big part of the problem is the wavelengths of light in play. This setup is directing a pretty significant amount of UV light directly into her corneas. That canā€™t be good for oneā€™s vision, but I have no idea how much exposure it would take to create appreciable damage.

2 Likes

You have to wear goggles in a tanning booth and they recommend you keeep your eyes shut, but this is probably fine. /s

2 Likes

I had two experiences with a debit/credit card number being used by someone else (both with Wells Fargo). The second, which was significant (two plane tickets chosen to be just under the federal felony minimum) was handled pretty quickly and efficiently, but the first (a large number of small phone charges that took me a while to notice) Wells Fargo sat on my request for a long time, then sent me a form that had to be returned and postmarkedā€¦a week before I received it.

2 Likes