GoFundMe shuts down Trump border wall campaign

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/11/gofundme-shuts-down-trump-bord.html

6 Likes

sounds to me like that money will be well spent with strict oversight.

26 Likes

Just some random Horseman of the Apocalypse, Nothing to see here.

29 Likes

Thanks, I was waiting on a more reliable source to report on this.

Too bad we don’t know who those 300K+ donors are; because that’s 45’s real base, right there.

27 Likes

I assume there is regulatory or other good reason for Florida… but I could not help thinking “where in Florida are they going to put it?”

7 Likes

These pests got a strong whiff of money and came buzzing around, flying in crazy patterns, hoping to land on the pile. Reminds me of something, but I can’t quite think what…

22 Likes

Flustercluck, indeed.

3 Likes

It’s basically a scam on a scam on a scam, each duping more and more gullible marks.

18 Likes

Final project plan- may not be to scale.

25 Likes

Some one is going to get so fucking rich… eventually.

9 Likes

Gotta give them credit. They figured out what to do with the underpants.

18 Likes

I’ll bet 90% of the donors/suckers let this pack of grifters keep their money.

8 Likes

I am outraged that I’m not the one conning these impossibly gullible and hateful people.

12 Likes

te13nor

9 Likes

I don’t know the nitty gritty of how GoFund me works. Let’s say you have a bogus campaign and manage to raise $20 Million from 350,000 gullible suckers before the campaign is cancelled and the money is returned. Do you (a con artist) get to keep the email addresses and other info of those 350,000 gullible suckers? A mailing list like that could generate an unethical, conscience-free individual a decent income stream for a decade.

13 Likes

north border? easier than sawing…

6 Likes

I’m thinking of doing a Trump-wall-concrete-block-with-your-name-on-it campaign. I will neglect to mention that transport and installation is not included.

2 Likes

I’m going with yes

We’ll just use the Space Force for those details.

2 Likes

Sounds like a good opportunity to revive “pixel marketing” in which individual pixels are sold on a virtual wall that would correspond with a real wall after selling all the pixel space. OTOH it could get awfully scammy.
Doh! Already there.

4 Likes