Tile trackers on sale

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/08/good-deal-on-tile-tracker-and.html

by this point i know it shouldn’t, but it still mystifies me how a place that touts the right to privacy will also tout inexpensive surveillance devices like the echo dot. i just don’t get it.

3 Likes

While I have the same reflex, I see it like this: Roaming this site will give you a good understanding of what BB is in favor of and what BB isn’t.
Reading BB will also mean, you‘re probably grown up enough to make your own decisions.
And to understand that if a site warning people about the internet of shit can get money from advertisers to promote the internet of shit, that’s pretty hilarious.
If (probably paid) content keeps BB alive I’m fine with it.

1 Like

The thing that would mystify me would be if all the Boing Boing editors were 100% aligned on everything. Heck, I can’t even align with my own opinions, let alone those of my esteemed peers.

3 Likes

you make a fair point.

i must admit that i might have been a bit irritable about privacy infringing devices because shortly before i sat down to read through boingboing that day i had gotten my younger son, who has just moved back in with us, to agree not to enable his echo dot in our home. said agreement required a prolonged argument.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.