Good (Encouraging) Stuff (Part 1)

9 Likes

Good points to consider:

This encouraged me to fine-tune my plans!
Day Of The Dead Skeleton GIF by GIPHY Studios OriginalsDay Of The Dead Film GIF by David Muniz

9 Likes

And then we’ll find out that warmer waters are killing the seaweed.

8 Likes

Too many cannabis shops.

6 Likes

Not sure how seaweed farmers will deal with that:

Of course, there’s been research into expanding use of seaweed as food for humans or biofuel. It would be cool to see the Gulf of Mexico full of projects like this instead of oil rigs:

14 Likes

I do a lot of that research myself! Right in my own kitchen. Yum.

15 Likes

Unfortunately my two inside tracks on the market (1) moved away from the neighbourhood and (2) went silent after their boss got charged by the securities regulator for all kinds of chicanery.

CBD or otherwise, I never had the feeling that there was unmet demand, at least in Ontario :roll_eyes:. I suspect all that remains is for :canada: to decide what the market is going to look like: a couple of big players (like mobile) or lots of little ones.

1 Like

As usual, the better capitalized companies buy up or outlast the under-capitalized ones. The problem comes when they’re willing to take short-term loses for long-term market capture.

3 Likes

The problem comes when they’re willing to take short-term loses for long-term market capture.

a.k.a. “Predatory pricing” ? :thinking: Last I checked we had laws against that… not that we enforce them or anything… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

It strikes me that there is a whole new wave of death positive youtubers cropping up in the mode of Caitlin Doughty lately…

7 Likes

When I die, it’s not really my problem what to do with the body. :grimacing:

8 Likes

My grandmother did my mother and aunt a solid by planning her funeral to the nth degree (that’s because she was a control freak, but still). I helped my stepmother plan my dad’s funeral (with the help of my aunt) and it’s difficult and you’re not really at the top of your game dealing with the death of a loved one anyways… I think pre-planning is less about you and more about lightening the burden those you’ve left behind.

15 Likes

My parents took care of their own arrangements ahead of time. It really helped us & is something I plan to do as well.

12 Likes

I assumed! :grin:

But I think it’s not something most people think about until they are having to plan a funeral.

9 Likes

Too true. My grandparents made their wishes known, as did my mom. My great-aunt bought a prepaid plan with a funeral home*, so that made coordinating everything much easier.

*not always advisable, because family-run places do go out of business or might be acquired by larger corporations. We were lucky the same family owned the place when she passed away.

10 Likes

Too true. My mother was named executor of the will for 4 different family members (her grandmother, both parents and a brother) and it was stark, how different the workload was depending on how conscientious they had been in planning ahead.
The Mr. and I aren’t legally married, so we did the whole healthcare directive and got our wills in order a couple years ago and it helped get a lot of things sorted out since it caused us to talk about end of life decisions and then what we wanted for a celebration, if any.

11 Likes
13 Likes

From

22 Likes
15 Likes

She had been missing for eighteen days, and it was nationwide news.

A child who’s missing for that long usually means one thing, so I think there’s literally national joy that she’s been found safe and happy.

12 Likes