Good news: John Krasinski has a whole bunch of good news

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/30/good-news-john-krasinski-has.html

6 Likes

a whole bunch of good news

Here’s my good news, my Dear Wife and I are dancing to the oldies in the kitchen. Day drinking will do that to ya’.

tumblr_b9bf3ef46a16d73173a86a8543919b75_042c4f10_500

18 Likes

My daughter noticed that we listen to radio news more now, and that it is all bad news. So she requests that I do “Radio Good News”, complete with it’s own theme music, and handoffs from daddy in the studio to her and her brother reporting from the field. They sometimes do “mommy on the street” interviews to find out if passing moms have any good news.

The kids are alright.

22 Likes

Here’s another 3:00 respite:

6 Likes

As long as they ask from 6 feet away! “HEY, NEIGHBOR MOM! TELL ME SOMETHING GOOD!!!”

9 Likes

There’s something pretty relatable with a not-newsreader trying to play one from memory.

…but I want to cry more than I want to laugh, when the irrational actions of uninformed lackwits makes it so toilet paper becomes a special treat to gift a stranger with. Not to quibble, but that’s slighly less awful news, rather than good news.

2 Likes

Hmmm… the lame pun where World Health Organization shares an acronym with the rock band, has me wondering what kind of song the Who might have released that sould like something that the WHO might say. Makes me wish I knew more classic rock music.

1 Like

Loved every second of that, down to the steel drum song, and the eye roll from the missus.

4 Likes

in other news: karen is better than pam

Wilson from Home Improvement was just ahead of his time :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

I hear that. But hope you can take at least a little solace. It’s the heartfelt actions of people trying to help out in the way that’s needed in the moment that is the good news, think of that part of it. Made me cry but in that teary, “oh, it’s so lovely to see people being good to each other” way.

1 Like

2 Likes

Wait…he always had something terrible to add at the end of his pronouncements. :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.