Good news. Skittish cops run out of ammo, acorn and handcuffed suspect unharmed

4 Likes

Florida: where even the cops are Florida Man. :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

The dark gritty update of “Chicken Little”.

1 Like

10 Likes

After hearing the sound of the acorn, the deputy reported that he also felt a “tingliness” all along the side of his body. He then said his “legs just give out” and he fell to the ground, assuming that he had been seriously injured by something.

Sounds like the acorn was laced with fentanyl.

9 Likes

crows GIF
Crows might figure out how to do this. They’ve a sense of humor and a murder is their idea of a good time.

7 Likes

Weird, this one doesn’t show up on the blog page - do I reply to this one or the other one?

I found the 44 page pdf of the investigation report. Holy shit. This guy was a West Point graduate, served 10 years as a Special Operations officer, including 2 tours in Afghanistan, but didn’t see combat. He must have primed himself silly for suppressor fire to go off like that. He said he legs gave out on him, so he must have massively dumped adrenaline and lost fine and gross motor controls. Had he actually been in danger, he would have been dead.

The thing is, I can’t find this guys picture anywhere. Weird. I hope he doesn’t end up as a cop down the road.

1 Like

Here’s what I don’t get, I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt that maybe he thought he was under fire but…

Why shoot the car?

Sure, take cover but did he think the shots were coming from inside the car?

3 Likes

Because he had a handcuffed suspect back there, and supposedly he had threatened his GF with pictures of a gun on a dashboard with what appeared to be a suppressor/silencer.

He was going to go back to the car to re-search the suspect when it happened. So in his mind the sound he heard, which did come FROM the car, must have been from the suspect who had a hidden suppressed weapon on him and who was shooting at him.

So 100% he should not have starting shooting at his car. But as to WHY he thought he should shoot at his car, that is why.

And then the other cop was like, “I guess we wuz shootin’.” and opened fire too. :confused:

Also, those tinted windows don’t help see what your suspect in the back might be getting up to. Maybe they shouldn’t have those on cop cars.

ETA

For FULL details including interview transcripts, here is the Sheriff office 44 page report. It is a doozy.

https://t.co/rhiD5L6aHd

1 Like

Oops, i missed that part.

Thank God he missed.

2 Likes

It’s a good thing Officer Jumpscare has all the accuracy of a stormtrooper or that completely innocent guy would have been in trouble.

2 Likes

Both the interviewer and Roberts successfully avoided using the word “kill” when describing Robert’s purpose for shooting into the back seat. It’s all “control” the situation and “incapacitate”. Motherfuckers all.

3 Likes

fainting goat GIF

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.