Goofy has a chest tattoo

Something I noticed a while back, but finally tracked down because no one seems to have mentioned it on the internet. Goofy has a chest tattoo in two 1950’s cartoons. Or maybe cannonically, it is “George Geef” who has the tattoo. I originally thought the order of these cartoon’s release was reversed would would have been amazing - that they added the tattoo shop gag in one cartoon and then made it reappear the next time his chest was shown. But I guess they came out in the opposite order.

Here’s links to the actual cartoons:

3 Likes

This is an important distinction. These cartoons seem to take place in a world I like to call “the Goofyverse,” where everyone is some version of Goofy. It’s like that scene from Being John Malkovich where the character enters his own mind.

goofyverse

3 Likes

Exactly, as @brainspore said, the Geef cartoons were made so they didn’t have to show Goofy smoking, getting road rage and nearly murdering people, getting married, having kids, etc.

That said, in the new Mickey Mouse cartoons, Goofy is kind of insane and gross and amazing.

1 Like

i haven’t watched any of those! I’ll have to check them out!

My kid has subjected me to those; I hate them.

2 Likes

They’re definitely a lot more… bonkers than the old ones, and less safe. There’s a lot of moments where I think “I can’t believe Disney’s letting them do this with Mickey and Goofy.”

1 Like

Being%20John%20Malkovich__Restaurant__red%20dress

1 Like

I’m still trying to get my mind around the idea he doesn’t wear pants anymore. I can accept a pantsless Donald Duck because birds don’t have external genitalia, but ain’t nobody wanna see a shirtcockin’ goof.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.