Google employee diagnosed with coronavirus

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/02/28/google-employee-diagnosed-with.html

3 Likes

Would be nice to know which office was their home base. Was it the Googleplex?

Did they look up their symptoms online? That never works out well.

16 Likes

So this means that everybody who uses Google gets it now, right?

Still better than Bing.

18 Likes

I’m afraid so. I mean, why else would it be international news?

3 Likes
5 Likes

Am I still at risk of contracting it if I use DuckDuckGo as a layer over Google?

4 Likes

They are based in Zurich, it’s accurate when it says from Zurich, I just confirmed with someone who works for the company.

When it says they were in the office for a limited time it means they were only physically in the office building a couple days before showing symptoms. Then stayed home as soon as they got sick.

I think it was a weird way to put it but I think they are just over emphasizing “limited” exposure. But it’s true that the person didn’t come in with an actual cough.

2 Likes

Best to use a N95 respirator mask when opening any new browser window.

3 Likes

I read that whole post and it did not say if the employee had returned from Zurich and was in the US? Where are they? Sort of important to the story…

Yes but you will get every other type of flu other than the one you were looking for.

3 Likes

They are still in Zurich, they are Zurich office employee, not a visitor.

Text might be misleading because of the way it says “limited time” but I know this from a Google employee.

6 Likes

No, but instead you get Avian Flu.

11 Likes

Bing just gives you herpes

1 Like

I wear a mask when googling. TMI?

3 Likes

As long as that isn’t a 30 Rock reference, no worries.

2 Likes

So do I. Because in Surveillance State America, Google searches you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.