Google is about to be hit with multiple antitrust cases in the U.S., reports WSJ

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/05/16/google-is-about-to-be-hit-with.html

3 Likes

I’m perpetually amused that Xeni’s go-to graphic for legal stories has the Chase bank logo on the bottoms of the pans of Justice’s scales.

2 Likes

the company abused its dominance of online search and advertising to crush competition and maximize profit

But isn’t that the whole point of Google’s existence? Colour me unsurprised.

2 Likes

Can Google counter-sue the U.S. government for providing contracts to companies who hire lobbyists and implements outright nepotism when it comes to IT? If not (no standing), then it doesn’t seem to be a fair playing field.

I’m not using Bing for multiple reasons, but it shows there is an alternative option…

1 Like

Yeah I’d love to be a witness on the stand for this.

Do you Advertise?
A: Yes
Did google force you to use them?
A: Nope
Do you search?
A: yep
Did google force you to use them?
A: nope

Do I get the dozen donuts?

1 Like

Here the rabble comes
The kind you hoped were dead
They’ve come to chop, to chop, chop, chop, chop, chop, chop off your head

I can but hope. Maybe a fool’s hope…

1 Like

I use Firefox, Brave, DuckDuckGo and Safari for my browsers on my iOS devices, with DuckDuckGo for search with all of them.
I do use Google occasionally, very occasionally, not sure there’s an antitrust issue with search, because there are alternatives; however, I’m certain that Google abuse their position by accepting bribes to ensure search dominance, which needs to be stopped.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.