Google staff stage worldwide walkout

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/11/01/google-staff-stage-worldwide-w.html

8 Likes

and, yes, here at Google, too."

All righty then! Let’s get back to work people! What a condescending fuck’n asshole.

3 Likes

Google chief executive Sundar Pichai has told staff he supports their right to take the action. “I understand the anger and disappointment that many of you feel,” he said in an all-staff email. “I feel it as well, and I am fully committed …”

I always find it really weird when C-level execs say stuff like this, like they had no idea what was going on and no ability to change it.

Hey, bro. You’re the fucking boss, and supposed to be a leader. How’s about you move fast and break shit that actually needs breaking, like your own bullshit policies.

5 Likes

They only berak shit, fast, that they think needs breaking in order to further their profits. Sexual coercion ‘in private’ (at work) by powerful males? Why would they think that needs breaking, until it becomes public and threatens reputation sufficiently to damage profits?

2 Likes

I always find it really weird when C-level execs say stuff like this, like they had no idea what was going on and no ability to change it.

If I have the timeline right, Andy Rubin left Google in 2014 before Sundar Pichai ascended to the C-level in 2015. In fact, Pichai may have worked for Rubin at the time of the incident. So it’s quite plausible that he was unaware of the incident and would not have been in a position to handle it.

Now that he’s CEO, of course, he need to fix how these things are investigated and resolved.

1 Like

That’s cool … except Pichai knows full well that 48 googlers were fired over the last two years for sexual harassment. And intrinsically the forced arbitration clause has nothing to do with Rubin - it’s just a straight up dick move for an employer to pull.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.