Google's A.I. is really good at recognizing your doodles

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/11/17/googles-a-i-is-really-good.html

2 Likes

It missed watermelon.

Did it think it was tRump’s smile?

I would have guessed watermelon, maybe I’m an AI? Oh wait, I sort of already believe that. What was it supposed to be, anyway?

2 Likes

Dude, it told you to draw a saw, and then told you it was a saw? Not a very hard test. I say defy our machine overlords! Draw Quetzalcoatl or Mount Rushmore or a plasmodium dividing.

@NickyG Sure you can identify the watermelon, but can you guarantee you can do it in a finite amount of time?

7 Likes

I dub thee Solitary Pictionary.

10 Likes

what’s even more amazing, it guessed my: a potato starting sprouts, a comb, crossed spoons, spearing a dolphin as it jumps the waves, & fire.

It also missed my watermelon. Google doesn’t like watermelon is my guess.

4 Likes

I wonder how long it will take 4chan to mess up the AI by drawing thousands of dicks for every prompt.

9 Likes

drawing thousands of dicks for every prompt would be time consuming alright.

1 Like

I played five rounds and it guessed zero times, and got none right. My drawings were very close to those that it did recognize. what gives?

2 Likes

Finally I have a decent Pictionary partner. Is it just me, or does every game end with somebody screaming, “No way is that a f&*@#ng airplane, Janet!” ?

2 Likes

24 Likes

teehee

I see what you did there!

2 Likes

That’s not a saw, it’s a scottie.

1 Like

I see monkey or lamp or pig or leaf I see fire or rain or sunny days I see loney times I see animal migration

5 Likes

I see now that this is going to be a lot like what people did to the Microsoft chat bot…

5 Likes
1 Like

It got zero out of mine. Not even one! I’m a sucky artist, but I looked at the “ceiling fan” examples other people had drawn that it was supposed to be learning from, and mine looked almost identical.

1 Like

It asked me to draw a kangaroo. Are you kidding me? Who doodles a kangaroo?

3 Likes

Me for one. And photograph, sketch and paint them (as well as BBQ and stew them) but there’s loads of the fuckers round here.

ETA: I got a baseball. Who doodles that! Cricket ball, yeah. But there’s only like, 4 people that play baseball.

7 Likes

Similar experience here. I suspect they have different implementations of the recognition algorithms and we both got one that wasn’t as good as the others.