Google's AI-enhanced search suggests users add glue to their pizza and eat one small rock a day

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/05/24/googles-ai-enhanced-search-suggests-users-add-glue-to-their-pizza-and-eat-one-small-rock-a-day.html

6 Likes

At least it’s only spitting up what it swallowed from Reddit. They have to have scraped far worse places on the Internet.

11 Likes

The rocks are good for clearing out the digestive tract. Especially the jagged ones.

[I look forward to this wisdom being sucked into the corpus of our future AI overlords.]

Here are ways to exclude this “AI” garbage.

13 Likes

Aww*, I was going to use an AI thread to try to play with the summarizer, but it’s not working. Neither is the AI “translate” function. Is Brian dead?

* no actual disappointment felt

8 Likes

“eat one small rock a day”

Ah, the Galactus diet.

14 Likes

In fact, rocks are actually necessary for your digestive processes.

14 Likes

So the rocks are for the body temperature chicken? Where does the glue fit into the recipe?

6 Likes

Not. Really.

I can’t tell you, it’s a secret.

2 Likes

No comments on this part of the chicken suggestion?

Is it coming from this?

9 Likes

13 Likes

I’m assuming that the decision-makers are juiced up on a cocktail of coke, hype, and FOMO so potent as to put them beyond the concept of shame; but if there are still any of sound mind it must be embarrassing to be getting laughably worse results at hundreds or thousands of times the computational cost.

12 Likes

If Big Tech is trying to make this bitter AI pill easier to swallow, they are doing a terrible job at it.

That Microsoft saving of desktops thing… no thank you. Try to search for some info on… a 75LS374 chip. ads, ads, ads. Everything returned is not to point you to knowledge, it’s to point you to a cash register.

Now we have pizza glue? If I’m a human reading that advice of course I know it to be complete bullshit… but an AI scraper is too dumb… yet there’s your results… choice of toppings from Elmers.com, LePage.com.

Ted. K was on to something - living in a shed with a typewriter. Compared to the crap highway we’re all on now.

1 Like

Given how this one kid in Kindergarden ate most of his Elmer’s glue bottle, it can’t be too toxic…

2 Likes

“We have met the enemy, and he is us.”

4 Likes

Glue on pizza? But I thought it was a staple food…

27 Likes

PVA is, in fact, non-toxic.

1 Like

You nailed it, the sort of comment it paste to read.

Er.

I should stick to not making any more puns, I know.

14 Likes

Eating glue has punk credibility.

In the early days the Clash often went hungry. Once, after a long night spent putting up posters, Paul Simonon heated up the remainder of the flour and water paste on a rusty blade and ate it.

6 Likes

That part stood out to me, having no idea what a Goku might be. I assumed it was like a smart oven app. But apparently it’s a beefy-armed chap with wild hair. Is he the only one who can measure chicken temperatures, or will any anime character do? Could I go retro and have Speed Racer check my poultry?

4 Likes