Got a quick fix sewing job that needs to be taken care of? This handheld sewer gets it done in minutes

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/06/05/got-a-quick-fix-sewing-job-tha.html

Positively surreal.

4 Likes

Um, a handheld SEWER? Nein danke

6 Likes

These things are garbage and I’m astonished someone has the gall to sell one for $60.

8 Likes

I concur. Really awful.

Salvation Army or Goodwill usually has a couple sewing machines for short money that are in working order.

4 Likes

Looks like the Ronko SewMatic from the '70’s (I may have mis-remembered the actual name but…)

2 Likes

I bought one of these about 30 years ago and still have it. I’ve only used it a few times, but it does sort-of work. I would never attempt to actually make something with it, but for repairing an unraveled seam when you don’t care what the end result looks like, it technically does the job a lot faster than I could do it by hand. Definitely not worth $60 though, and even $25 is pushing it.

1 Like

As seen on TV in the 1970s

6 Likes

I received one as a gift when I was young. Horrible, never worked right.

2 Likes

You can purchase such a machine (not necessarily exactly this type) for 10 € in Germany (Edeka).

The same machine will float down the big river for $16, but 38% of reviewers gave it 1 star.

It would be just as easy for Boing Boing Shop to sell quality products as trash, but apparently they don’t.

1 Like

I thought the same but then there was this, which really is a boon. Don’t despair.

Positively Popeil

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.