Government shutdown puts national parks in nightmare mode

I can only imagine how much worse it is in areas where people don’t think anyone is watching.

And, no, do not show me pictures. I am feeling sick already. I don’t need to be made worse.

6 Likes

The ordinary people, in trying to dispose of their trash appropriately, are doing more to uphold our society’s norms and systems than Congress is.

What a way to start the year!

4 Likes

…though a simpler, more effective way to do so might be to just pack your own damn garbage back out with you, rather than blindly tossing it near an overflowing receptacle.

6 Likes

Don’t you worry your pretty little heads about the national parks.
The shopping malls are still open; go out and buy some more crap.
Consume! Consume! Consume!

4 Likes

I’m in Joshua Tree, the bathrooms are a pathogen / bacteria nightmare. Don’t get me started on the D-Bags drinking / speeding / trashing the Park in general. A total fucking mess.

5 Likes

Stay safe, @Papasan!

I have certainly camped in state parks and national wildlife refuges where the drinking / trash / reckless loud revelry was anything but relaxing and fun. I hear you. I once had to leave a camp site because the people camping next to me were using our coolers for target practice (like, using bullets) when we would go for day hikes.

I wish more people gave damn about the only home planet we have–this one. One. No backup copies, no Control-Z undo, no kidding.

4 Likes

Sadly the symbolism of shutting down the statue of liberty would be totally lost on him.

2 Likes

I just imagine he’d send Barron in there to reenact this scene:

2 Likes

The shutdown might not have contributed to the death, but it sure slows down the reporting of deaths.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.