Graffiti artist banned from 20% of US after Reddit users' investigation

That’s one helluva rare talent there, but it’s still a huge overshare, nevertheless.

TMI!

9 Likes

But it’s not just philosophy, it’s SCIENCE! Allow my lawyer Mr. Riedenschneider to explain:

That’s what I said, but where’s the evidence? XD

1 Like

No ‘evidence’ required, thanks.

I take you at your word, and back away slowly…

6 Likes

I’ve heard it’s back breaking work.

7 Likes

I’d rather not imagine; but I bet it really twists some people up into knots.

:wink:

4 Likes

Probably end up with nice abs.

4 Likes

“hey you, you over there! Buddy, can you give me a hand with this?”

4 Likes

Or a really curved spine.

5 Likes

I’ve heard more than one idiot claim the standard is “beyond a shadow of a doubt” and not “beyond a reasonable doubt.”
So hypothetically I have this undocumented evil twin…

3 Likes

Doubts cast shadows?

*lolz

I think you probably have it backwards.

The apology probably isn’t part of her punishment. She was probably asked, “Are you willing to apologize formally for what you’ve done?” and when she agreed, it was taken as a sign of remorse and contrition, and this weighed against giving her a longer sentence.

Including it as part of her sentence is just to ensure that she follows through; if not, her contrition wasn’t genuine and the leniency based on this contrition might need to re-evaluated.

4 Likes

I remember hearing of some metalhead (Marilyn Manson maybe?) who had his hipbones surgically removed for this purpose.

I am not Googling that to confirm it, so take it with a whole shaker of salt.

3 Likes

Came here for thoughtful discussions of tagging and graffiti, its possible aesthetic and philosophical value, and the ethics of damaging natural works.

Found talk of self-performed oral sex.

Was not disappointed.

9 Likes

I remember hearing that rumor too, and it was about MM; though I think it was ribs, not hips. (How would he be able to even walk?)

However, I also refuse to google such info, because I’m perfectly content with not knowing.

In this particular case:

1 Like

I remember this rumor as well. He has debunked it numerous times. (I mean why would he have any reason to lie about not having ribs removed – it would fit perfectly with his stage persona to claim this.)

5 Likes

You’re probably right. That was how I remembered it from schoolyard chatter twenty years ago, and I’ve done perfectly well not thinking about it since then.

2 Likes

Thank you for answering the question without me having to Google this.

3 Likes

You are awesome, because I really was not going to bother looking it up.

2 Likes

I remember him talking about this on TRL sometime in the late 1990s. For some reason it really stuck with me. Now I can share the knowledge with my fellow mutants.

As to why I was watching TRL, especially one with Marilyn Manson, I honestly have no idea…

3 Likes