Great deal on ball-end hex key sets

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/01/18/great-deal-on-ball-end-hex-key.html

1 Like

Hex Ball-end :astonished: convert here! You guys, seriously, you don’t know what your missing. Cue infomercial music and… “There’s gotta be a better way!”

TackLife…yech - try Wera for twice as much and 10x better tool - in mm & in

1 Like

What if I want bell-end hex keys?

2 Likes

Based on the Amazon reviews, it looks like they’re improperly heat treated, (ball ends twisting off under little torque) and somewhat undersized. As with anything made in China, Caveat Emptor. I’ll stick with my Wiha sets, which I can be reasonably certain weren’t made by political prisoners and have survived almost 20 years of use.

Wiha is top quality but not going to get them for something-teen dollars for both, or mm and in separately.

Bondhus is an american made brand that has a reputation for good quality - and are affordable. Eklind is another decent quality american made brand that won’t break the bank.

1 Like

This would make an exceptional baby shower gift.

2 Likes

No, even twenty years ago you couldn’t get them that cheap. But if you consider that I’ve had them that long, initial outlay is relatively minor considering you would probably go through a half dozen Chinese manufactured sets in that time.

Bondhus stuff is OK too!

1 Like

…and those are the most basic Wiha offerings - they have better ones, better alloys, or fastener retention ends, etc etc - you can spend up to $50 on a set – worth it when they last, or if you use tools for a living.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.