Great deal on LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle

Originally published at: Great deal on LEGO Ideas Ship in a Bottle | Boing Boing

3 Likes

I have to be honest: this seems like some sort of torture for children. Yes, it’s right there. Yes, it is Lego.
No, you cannot play with it.

4 Likes

Also the hardcore ship-in-a-bottle folks would consider this “cheating” given that the bottle can be disassembled… Isn’t the “how’d they get that in there?” part of the magic of a SIAB (yes, folks, let’s get this new l33t term going)?

2 Likes
5 Likes

We have a few of the “look, don’t touch” sets…the trick is to overwhelm the kiddos with enough other Lego, that these seem boring in comparison.

“Space shuttle! Pirate ship! Elephant rescue center! Who needs a ship in a bottle?!?! Pew pew pew!”

3 Likes

im gonna totally sound like and old curmudgeon here but here i go anyway: anyone else feel like it’s cheating that so many modern lego sets have these smooth faced shapes customized to the set. like it seems like a new thing the past few years. even like 10 years ago almost all the pieces in a lego set were more traditional shapes with the buttons on top. Im a lot more impressed with cool stuff made from the limited basic shapes than these new ones.

1 Like

So your solution to the Lego problem is. . .more Legos. . .I’m beginning to feel like the only winner here is Lego corp.

I win in that the kiddos don’t mess with my Lego sets…plus more Lego to play with overall.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.