Watch this speed build of a LEGO ship in a bottle

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/05/12/watch-this-speed-build-of-a-le.html

5 Likes

Now I want to see it made in a non-LEGO bottle

2 Likes

here you go, this video is BB worthy…

9 Likes

I found that hugely unimpressive – snapping together a bunch of pieces of plastic that were meant to be snapped together in exactly that way – and the result is just a low-resolution ship model with a clear plastic container assembled around it. Is there some kind of Lego-Fu that I’m missing here? Building a realistic model of a real ship in a real bottle is a difficult and engrossing task; this is nothing like that.

4 Likes

Watch the second video - so much better than the first!!! The young man does a really top notch job of explaining and demonstrating, and it’s obvious how much time and :heart: was put into it.

3 Likes

@AndreaJames oh please do make a post with the DELIGHTFUL video provided by @Sqyntz! I just watched the second half (the speed build) and it truly is a "Wonderful Thing"©

My OCDness was triggered by all of the non-squared up 1 stud pieces.

That’s in my post! GMTA!

That’s already in my post!

1 Like

my humble apologies…I didn’t scroll far enough.

IMG_0845

A friend of mine had one of these in the 70s. Impressive, until you find that the bottom of the bottle screws off.

I saw it there, I just thought it deserved the lead :grin:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.