Great moments in Buck Rogers: Twiki offers a toast

Remember when Twiki met a girlfriend who said “booti booti” ?

3 Likes

My favorite show as a kid. Erin Grey was definitely a factor. I could never understand the writer’s rationale behind the second season changes though. In the first season, Colonel Deering was kind of his boss. In the second season, she was a stewardess and you had that annoying-ass robot Crichton and Twiki sounded different. I suppose they were going for a sort of Star Trek “wagon train to the stars” vibe, especially when you consider Hawkman as a Spock analogue.

The late 70’s were rough on me. First they cancel Galactica and replace it with Galactica, 1980. Then they screw up Buck Rogers. Screw it. I’m gonna go watch “ChiPs”.

3 Likes

Erin Grey fueled many of my pubescent space fantasies, oh boy. She was second only to “Logan’s Run”'s Jenny Agutter in my pantheon.

2 Likes

Fellow member of the “Had a crush on Erin Grey” club, here.
I once had a co-worker who said he knew her and offered to invite me to the next gathering where she would show up. I turned it down, knowing that I would have spent most of the evening blushing and babbling “Oh, wow, you’re Erin Grey…” the whole time…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.