Great price on a pound of matcha powder

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/28/great-price-on-a-pound-of-matc.html

4 Likes

I bought this stuff last time it was featured, and I am drinking the heck out of it.

It became my replacement morning caffeine fix, and occasional afternoon booster.

:+1:

1 Like

If I find it cheaper somewhere else, will they price matcha?

13 Likes

Hey, yous gotta matcha?
Yeah, my dogga and yous face-a!

1 Like

Is it made from people?

2 Likes

Not to be confused with Bolivian marching powder.

2 Likes

That pricing is in “too good to be true” territory. Ah, manufactured in China. That explains it. I’ll pass on ingesting anything from a country that has medieval attitudes towards food safety.

1 Like

Well yeah…but is tea technically a food? Would this delicious beverage have been acceptable to you in Medieval times?

I bought it from amazon on sale for 13.95 a while ago - so I think it goes on sale periodically. Also maybe it’s not that good in fact (I cant tell - seems fine).

If there’s one thing China isn’t know for, it’s their tea.

Joking aside, I get your hesitation and I share it. But I guess if it kills me, I’ll be in good company, and I may escape a 2nd Trump term. Bright sides all the way down, really.

(edit) I ran their Amazon reviews through Fakespot and it came back with an F rating. As much as I’m tempted by this, I’m going to have to pass.

1 Like

It’s a multiwalled carbon nanotube precursor -and- a collostrum substitute! Melamine!
That is medeival period #5, fire child variant, at least.
Maybe #7; didn’t want you getting too comfortable with late stage capitalism variant.

May we all run straightaway to $370/lb. matcha some day.

2 Likes

I’d love to see the results of some sort of lab on what besides tea is in this stuff.

Well, it’s organic, so…organs? :wink:

ETA: winky-face

Probably. And maybe lots of ick too. :thinking:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.