Great visual directory of women illustrators

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/13/great-visual-directory-of-wome.html

1 Like

Are these commercial illustrators is what i’m understanding? Because i don’t see Kate Beaton, and she’s my spirit animal. Though she mainly does comics and the like (she should totes be on that list though).

3 Likes

So I wonder which one is going to illustrate the GENOCIDE OF ALL THE MEN!!!

No Rebecca Sugar. UNACCEPTABLE!

1 Like

A directory of great artists, for sure, but not a great directory. I couldn’t find a search feature, just browsing, and the weird re-shuffling of the profiles while scrolling was discombobulating. Also, a more apt description would be that it’s a directory of female freelancers for hire, or female illustrators currently alive/working. more of a “behance with a theme” than a “wikipedia page of notable X.” (just bitter that I couldn’t find Trina Schart Hyman or Janet Ahlberg…)

@Grey_Devil and @robw, from the “about” page:

All women* professional illustrators are encouraged to participate. Simply follow the directions on the JOIN page.

and

This site is a work in progress. If you have any suggestions or input, please write to womenwhodraw@gmail.com

1 Like

Pia guerra, a woman, is one of the pencilers for Y The Last Man. Does that count? :smiley:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.