Greedy MAGA Rep Andrew Clyde who snatched up $156,697 loan forgiveness for himself, says students be forced to pay their loans

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/04/08/greedy-maga-rep-andrew-clyde-who-snatched-up-156697-loan-forgiveness-for-himself-says-students-be-forced-to-pay-their-loans.html

10 Likes

And when people ask him questions that he is too embarrassed to answer, he either runs away or completely ignores them

He’s like a knight of the Round Table: Brave Sir Robin. to be exact.

17 Likes

13 Likes

As ever, hypocrisy is the pragmatism of the righteous.

11 Likes

The Child D GIF by Disney+

16 Likes

okay, i gotta give it to the white house social media team. they have been on the ball.

seems like PPP loans were a trap. hahahahahahahahaha!!!

10 Likes

There’s nothing weird about any of those bastards; loathsome, sure.
Reprehensible, certainly.
The list of applicable adjectives is long & evil & ‘weird’ ain’t one of 'em.

As a weirdo myself*, I give those deranged fuckers a wide berth.

*To prove it, I once owned one of these:
Wish I still had it… :crazy_face:
I also had one of these for a while:
It had its quirks, but it never left me stranded.

20 Likes

Have to cut the guy some slack. He is “job creator” (for himself) deserving those aids, not those “liberal communists” asking for handout. /S

I wish I was kidding.

11 Likes

Y’see, the PPP loans and student loans aren’t remotely the same thing because the latter don’t benefit Clyde directly. Also, student loans aren’t forgiven on bankruptcy or death, so there’s that. Also, you didn’t need PPP loans to meaningfully participate in the labor market.

9 Likes

I was just thinking that. And collectively, the people in Congress could afford to pay this money back, at least much more easily than those who are having their student loans forgiven. But they won’t, because even if it would enable them to stand on their high horse, it would trigger anger and resentment from the business class who don’t want to give any money back, whether or not they can afford to.

5 Likes

with that pacer, is it true you could put a 6 foot hero width-wise in the back? i’d like to believe the ads were true.

6 Likes

My understanding is that student loans are significantly more predatory. Along with being more poorly managed by servicers at the borrower’s expense.

So, I guess that’s different. :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Well, it would certainly fit in the back seat. There was plastic trim in the hatch area that narrowed it a bit, but it would also fit with the back seat folded down.

I got 8 people in the thing once. 3 in the front, which was interesting, since it had bucket seats in the front… 4 in the back seat, & 1 in the ‘trunk’.

That was a fun car…

4 Likes

There’s no difference? There’s plenty of difference.

People had to work for those student loans.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.