Rep. Andrew Clyde's behavior incredibly weird when asked if he still thinks Jan 6th was like "tourist visit"

Originally published at: Rep. Andrew Clyde's behavior incredibly weird when asked if he still thinks Jan 6th was like "tourist visit" | Boing Boing

12 Likes

“What I clearly meant was that if you look at the video that they show on Fox news of Jan. 6th you would be convinced that there was no insurrection. Asking about anything outside of the right wing info bubble is clearly dishonest and fake news.”

18 Likes

He’s just not as brazen a liar as the high priest of his death cult, and he’s a coward as well. Being an accomplished grifter takes more than spouting off the consequence-less hit-and-run hot take of a BBS tr0ll.

40 Likes

“Out of context;” otherwise known as ‘the Jordan Peterson excuse.’

37 Likes

what state is this idiot from. shame on them.

9 Likes

42 Likes

Ahh, that classic expression of when you leave your phone unlocked and the wife starts asking about who is this woman you’re texting at 2am.

12 Likes

I like the “Q-GA” political affiliation in the tweet. Nice touch.
What an asshole.

22 Likes

Did he know the driver of the pick-up?

13 Likes

Georgia

18 Likes

Maybe he just assumed it was a “friendly,” bc, you know, red?
With these guys, you never know.

12 Likes

You see it in this guy’s mental state and incoherent rambling: At some point the GQP will reach critical mass of hypocrisy, and the explosion will be immense. January 6 was just a warning tremor.

10 Likes

Did…did he just carjack some random truck?

10 Likes

Is there a the flaw in human (or maybe all) intelligence where this sort of deception works at all?

1 Like

Yes.

It’s called Motivated Reasoning.

23 Likes

He got in and said “Look just drive, I’ll give you 200 bucks, just drive away”

6 Likes

I think it’s called “vehicle requisition” if you’re white and not poor. /s

But really, we might easily assume he was carrying, so, maybe?

9 Likes

I’m pretty sure that’s a violation of the 3rd amendment.

9 Likes

Only counts if the driver was living in their truck. /s

But seriously, I thought of this when looking at the other recent post where the guy was screaming about how “all the amendments” had been tossed aside. I thought, “better make up the guest room, for when the troops come to quarter at our homes…”
I’m making jokes, but shit is serious. It’s crazy to me that it seems to be falling to half of us to uphold the actual constitution, while the vocal minority do everything they can to trash it. While simultaneously claiming to be the “true” Americans.

18 Likes

I imagine during those 16 seconds that Ironside / Kill Bill music was playing in his head

7 Likes