Rep. Andrew Clyde refused to shake the hand of D.C. cop who was beaten and electroshocked by protestors

Originally published at: Rep. Andrew Clyde refused to shake the hand of D.C. cop who was beaten and electroshocked by protestors | Boing Boing

10 Likes

“as soon as the elevator doors opened, he ran as quickly as he could like a f@cking coward.”

25 Likes

Andrew Clyde: a death cultist and a coward.

26 Likes

Very very rarely are those not conjoined concepts.

24 Likes

The Congressman might have thought he was being set up, maybe he should have went for an elbow bump.

1 Like

I hope they keep naming and shaming GQP members like this - repeatedly, until they are no longer in office. :crossed_fingers:t4:

21 Likes

At a fundamental level, yes. Death cultists hate life and what truly makes it worth living, so they flee from it.

In the case of Clyde, though, we’re talking about a different variety of cowardice. It’s a lack of the courage of his convictions. He’s the guy who gets into line last for the Flavor Aid punch and then tells Jim Jones “y’know, maybe I’ll pass on this” before running away. Later on, when asked if he was at Jonestown he’ll mumble something about having been at Disneyworld at the time before again running away.

12 Likes

If Fanone had opened with “I was at the Capitol on January 6th!” I bet Clyde would have enthusiastically shook his hand until realizing which side of the conflict he was on.

26 Likes

I think we’re way past time for charitable interpretations of their actions. We know why he ran.

17 Likes

Absolutely this. Assholery at it’s “finest.”

13 Likes

That with a healthy dose of cowardice. He knew he could not look that man in the eye and continue to dismiss the insurrection, but the fear of pissing off dear leader is deep.

14 Likes

What a chicken shit.

10 Likes

These are the death cultists who deeply desire others’ deaths, but not their own. They’re like the priests who offered up human sacrifices to their gods, knowing they would never meet such a fate themselves.

8 Likes

From the outside of America looking in…

Americans need to start calling these people what they actually are.
Un-American.

If they won’t stand up for fairness, equality, justice, and democracy - then they are not Americans.

Don’t like that list? Make a better one. This jackass still won’t be an American. And maybe pointing out that he’s Un-American will help people on the fence realise what a threat he actually is to them.
He may wrap himself in a flag, he may feel he’s American because of his birthplace, but he’s failing to live up to the ideals and standards that Americans hold dear.

Andrew Clyde is Un-American. Tell everyone you know.

7 Likes

Run Away The Princess Bride GIF by Disney+

12 Likes

Yeah! Georgia will show him! They’ll elect a new, unnamed, unshamed, Q-related coward to replace the old, named, shamed Q-related coward.

2 Likes

This will be followed by an overturning of the results if the voters dare to elect someone reasonable.

2 Likes

Yes. We know. Many of us are.

Or, you know what? Given American history, maybe they are right on with their behavior, as it seems to conform to a long history of racism and anti-democratic activity among many of America’s ruling class.

5 Likes

What part of the GA? the parts that are being targeted for voter suppression, where I live? Or the parts where voter suppression has a long history backed by murderous violence, like in Greene’s and Clyde’s districts? Or the parts that elected a Black senator and a Jewish senator, both of whom are democrats? Or the one that helped give the election to Joe Biden?

6 Likes

Of course, I was being absurdly accommodating