Grimes invites fans to collaborate with software that mimics her voice and encourages users to be “tasteful”

Originally published at: Grimes invites fans to collaborate with software that mimics her voice and encourages users to be "tasteful" | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Cue every goddamn video about Musk’s stupid 4/20 launch being redone as a Grimes song… along with play by play of Twitter’s collapse… and whatever stupid shit happens next for Tesla.

6 Likes

awkward role playing GIF by Hyper RPG

4 Likes

Boaty McBoatface says:

first time GIF

4 Likes

"“U”, “ur,” “rly,” “plz,” “wud,” “smthn,” etc.

For fuck’s sake, does it take THAT much more time to type out a parsable sentence? I know it’s on-brand for her flighty manic pixie image, but that doesn’t make it any less irritating to try to read her statement.

Oh, and get off my lawn while I’m shaking my fist at that cloud.

6 Likes

I feel your pain. But I’m also roundly mocked by almost everyone in my circle for using punctuation when I text. I fear it’s time for me to cede the field in this fight and accept that my time has passed. I shall diminish, and go into the west. Along with my commas and semicolons.

5 Likes

Yeah, we had vocaloid 20 years ago. Grimes has become a Hatsune Miku wannabe?

3 Likes

Someone did it 20 years ago? Oh, then no one can ever do it again… every single piece of culture MUST be entirely novel and not build on any other idea ever! /s

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.