Rapper shows off her dead-on Siri voice

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/24/rapper-shows-off-her-dead-on-s.html

8 Likes

It is uncanny…and the possibilities for mischief…

7 Likes

I just saw image now here it is in the real world…

10 Likes

Sad, in a way, that people would assume this is fake.

4 Likes

M’kay. How is this worthy of note? She is imitating a very bland and ordinary voice, probably similar to her everyday voice.
This is a big old So What?

1 Like

In the second video, her speaking voice and her Siri voice are quite distinct. As to why it is of note… well, it is an impression.

3 Likes
  1. Because lots of people don’t have the faintest idea how to imitate voices.
  2. Because lots of white people have no idea that black people can talk with a white voice (either they never saw “Sorry to Bother You” or they thought that part of it was fiction).
  3. Because we are used by now to robots sounding sort of like people only not, but we are not yet used to people sounding very much like robots.
13 Likes

Just awesome :joy:

3 Likes

Whilst working in a market research call centre in the UK I was genuinely asked on a number of occasions if I was a machine.

5 Likes

Your world seems so dismally lacking in wonder. I’m sorry! I sincerely hope it expands for you. <3

8 Likes

Anybody know how to do that gurgling sound when water goes down the sink?

1 Like

Congratulations, you have passed the Turing test!

5 Likes

Wow that is spot on. The vocal inflections is something one can learn to mimic, but her tone is also perfect.

5 Likes

That could be fun when she’s visiting homes with Apple HomePod.

2 Likes

HAZMATCAZZ, her name is enough to brighten my morning… a little.
Plus, I like her hat.

2 Likes
  1. TBF, in that movie they literally overdub with white actors.

“I just saw a movie in which a guy plays another guy, but he’s still a man talking like a man, so even though his voice inflection is a bit different and he’s acting like a different guy, what’s the big deal?”

Congratulations: you have discovered Acting and Voice Impressions.

3 Likes

exactly the type of outlandish sarcasm an AI handler would tell an AI programmed as a call center human who just stumbled upon a glitch.

Trust no one

2 Likes

What even is a “white voice”? I mean, I can’t imagine there’s anything inherently different between the voices of white and black Americans.