Griping about moderation, bias, et cetera

Hey! I have a question about a thing. A few days back, I had a post deleted from the comments on this BB post: Fictosexual man who married a hologram can no longer speak with wife, due to software glitch | Boing Boing
I got back-to-back messages about a response to my post and it being hidden due to being reported, before it was deleted some hours later. I’m basing my question here on the response, as I’m assuming it was made by the same person who reported it. They said something along the lines of “We don’t make assumptions about the mental states of others here”, linking to the community guidelines. Which would be all well and good, except for the part of my post that touched on such a topic being nothing more than a (far less detailed) paraphrasing of what was described in the original BB post. I.e., no assumptions made whatsoever, just a summary of what the article had already laid out as fact. This … doesn’t seem reasonable to me. I mean, sure, I can’t expect every mod to have read every BB post, and mistakes happen, but … yeah. Reiterating what is already said in the OP must be allowed, no?