Gritty posed for an official nude portrait

Gritty is delightfully terrifying, but our own Iceburg can be terrifying in his own way.

3 Likes

5 Likes

You would rather stare at a shaved and waxed Gritty?

Not I, sir.

7 Likes

cannot… unsee… the belly button… sob

4 Likes

“Big shoes big…feet.”

2 Likes

You could win it!

4 Likes

I loathe hockey and love Gritty.

2 Likes

Reminds me of another adage: “Cold hands, needs gloves”

When I was in my twenties, I posed nude for a magazine. Well, the guy gave me two candy bars as well but it was the magazine that I really wanted.

3 Likes

Whoa. Hard stance to take as a Michigander! Respect.

As a player, I can’t wait to get vaccinated so I can hit the ice again. This is not a sport you can play with a mask on your face. You just end up water-boarding yourself after a couple shifts if your mask is at all effective.

5 Likes

If you’re into it, give Iceburgh a follow on Twitter, he has quite the personality at times…

2 Likes

Try wearing one playing soccer…in Oregon…in winter. Yeah, that’s what they are making high school kids do.

1 Like

1 Like

All the cool and weird rich kids at the private school I attended were on the hockey team. A few also played baseball, so we could talk about that at least.

I have watched one televised hockey game from beginning to end, at a friend’s big party. It was a brilliant game - hockey as Art - and there was a happy ending: the Red Wings won the Stanley Cup again. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Some bods just look better furry. Nobody ever asked for a hairless Sean Connery or Tom Selleck or Burt Reynolds.

8 Likes

If it’s over 32 at the rink, we’re all complaining about how HOT it is. Also, beer league hockey has regular attendance problems, so 7-8 skaters is a normal thing, especially in the spring and early fall. That means 3-4 minutes on the ice, one minute off, game stoppages are generally less than 20 seconds. It’s pretty challenging in the best of times. I’m not about to try with a mask on my face. I can only think of water polo as a more cardio intensive team sport.

@MerelyGifted: Wow, that had to be ages ago, Wings haven’t won a cup since '08!

3 Likes

I don’t Twitter, but I do look through select threads when drawn to my attention. I appreciate the recommendation!

2 Likes

9 Likes

“Because I’m wauRHHHGHargh it.”

5 Likes

Impressed that Gritty stayed still for the 90 minutes required to do the portrait.

3 Likes