Grizzly released into wild explodes from cage and attacks camera

Originally published at: Grizzly released into wild explodes from cage and attacks camera | Boing Boing

6 Likes

Is it too soon to call the act of being mauled by a grizzly bear “getting Treadwelled”?

3 Likes

Always get the grizzly bear to sign a release first. Rookie mistake, really.

14 Likes

I guess I’d be pretty angry too, if someone decided to kidnap me and drop me off somewhere that wasn’t my own neighborhood. :man_shrugging:

12 Likes

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

5 Likes
18 Likes

“And whatever you do, do NOT feed a bear a marshmallow like this.”

7 Likes

Important distinctions between black and brown bears that outdoor enthusiasts need to be aware of:

16 Likes

Please hike in groups. Bears like food choices.

6 Likes

While hiking part of the Nakasendo Way in Japan, I saw lots of fellow walkers with bear bells - black bears are the primary problem.

Also at intervals there were fixed bells like this:

“Ring the bell hard
Against Bears”

I didn’t have bear bells, so I was ringing these, and singing loudly in between (guaranteed to scare pretty much anything away…)

4 Likes

“…Please also note the screaming spectral faces of their victims in the Grizzly bear scat.” I can’t be the only one who saw that.

In all seriousness, grizzlies can be serious bad news. The closest encounter I ever had to one was watching, from about a quarter mile away, while the bear tore through the tent of someone who had forgotten then “no smellables” rule, while a gang of rangers got a trap ready so they could transport it away. One ranger commented that as this was a third strike, there may be more dire consequences than just relocation if a suitably remote location couldn’t be secured.

3 Likes

Am I the only one who thought that clanging on metal door before opening it was a mistake?

6 Likes

I was coming here for that comment. I would be angry too, with that banging!

4 Likes

20 years, come this fall.

1 Like

4 Likes

That’s a bit Treadwellian

2 Likes

Next time, set up two cameras

3 Likes

Could the bear even see that camera before choosing a direction? Looks more like it panic trampled the thing mostly incidently, unless bears are very quick thinkers under stress.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.