Grumpy Cat dies

34 Likes

Aw, bummer.

6 Likes

In an age where the daily news is full of shootings, political turmoil and all sorts of injustice, Grumpy Cat was a valuable resource to help us crack a smile from time to time. Sleep well, my furry friend.

16 Likes

That sucks; RIP Tardar Sauce.

20 Likes

What does it mean when your spirit animal dies?

16 Likes

Someone started a nasty rumor some time ago that Grumpy Cat was killed in some kind of accident. I wasn’t sure what to make of it, but I did get the impression that operations had wound down substantially from their once hectic pace. Certainly understandable – I have no doubt it was quite the ride.

1 Like

Have you read “The Golden Compass?” I may have bad news.

13 Likes

She may have left her mortal coil but she will live on in our hearts and the intertoobz forever.

6 Likes

Grumpy Cat was our office mascot (we had a stuffed doll). What will we do now??
*goes to find black crepe for the plushy cat

7 Likes

You keep her as your mascot, darn it. Her physical passing doesn’t change her eternal grumpiness in our memories.

10 Likes

Fretting about Lil’ Bub now.

9 Likes

Sorry to hear about the little kitty girl’s death. She just wanted to be a cat.

The name, though, always seemed retconned. The family called her Tard. It seems far more likely to me that that was short for the pejorative “retard” (based on her unusual appearance) and that they retconned the name when she became famous when the original name would make them look like douchebags.

3 Likes

“Tardar Sauce” was such a transparently bad retcon that they might as well have not bothered!

6 Likes

Both keyboard cats, and now this!

3 Likes
4 Likes

Good night, sweet grumpy princess.

10 Likes

14 Likes

I would imagine most cats are in Hell gleefully tormenting the damned

cats in hell

5 Likes

Grumpy Cat will live on as the go-too meme whenever a bad thing happens to a bad person.

5 Likes

There are deities with weaker immortality provisions than that.

3 Likes