Guess what languages these people are speaking

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/12/10/guess-what-languages-these-peo.html

2 Likes

Everyday at the local coffee shop.

3 Likes

"neuken in de keuken" was the main phrase Dutch tourists used to teach the local kids where I grew up.
That’s all I know in Dutch, 20 years later…

2 Likes

Cool I guessed Portuguese… but when the next one was Flemish I turned it off. Flemish???

NSFW portuguese…

2 Likes

Just this morning I was listening to a woman on the bus talking on her phone, and it took me a little bit, but I finally figured out it was Arabic.

What’s wrong with Flemish? Are you one of those Walloon separatists?

11 Likes

I got some of those, Tagalog, Portuguese (and I correctly guessed “Brazilian”, which some Brazilians insist is different than Portugal) but a dialect of Chinese I would never be able to pin-point beyond “Chinese.” I thought Kurdish might be Persian.

2 Likes

The sound of it made me think of Armenian, which reminded me of a high school friend who spoke it with her brothers.

1 Like

loved this video. I guessed them all except kurdistan which I thought was kazak. Although seeing the actors really helped - doubt I could have done well with the blindfold!

I only got Portuguese and Tagalog. :sweat: And I have a master’s in linguistics. (Don’t tell them!)

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.