Guinea pigs devour Brussels sprouts

Now those ARE funny guinea pigs!

1 Like

Calling fake news on that.

6 Likes

Aren’t those “guinea pigs” raised for food more accurately called capybara? I thought they were a distinct species from the domesticated pets.

They all agreed to pretend the Brussels sprouts were the skulls of their enemies.

3 Likes

um, Ahem…I think that you meant to say wheek like a guinea pig, did you not?

2 Likes

No, I meant squeak… But, in a good, consenting, way

3 Likes

No, you’re fake news!

6 Likes

You may well be correct, although I’ve heard them referred to as guinnea pigs in the culinary sense somewhat regularly.

1 Like

No puppet!

4 Likes

That’s an alternative fact.

4 Likes

Capybara are hard to confuse with cavies.

6 Likes

What gives you that impression?

I’ll tell you what - growing up, I hated brussels sprouts. But then, the default method for serving ALL veggies was either 1) boiled in butter (ugh) or 2) covered in cheese sauce (oh hell yes), with the sprouts never getting the latter treatment.

Boiled brussels sprouts are one of the most terrible things you can do to childhood tastes. Let me tell you.

It wasn’t until I had a salad with browned butter and, among other things, roasted brussels sprouts that I realized they’re bloody delicious that way. Now that I’m in culinary school, they’ve become a go-to accompaniment for more dishes that I would believe.

I can’t think of another veggie in history with such a turnaround. It’s remarkable.

6 Likes

Great for many vegetables but not okra. My mother made that mistake only once. She didn’t realize that when my father suggested it he was kidding.

2 Likes

Is that ham or bacon on it?

1 Like

Well, I guess we’ll never forgive him, since @beschizza will NEVER OPEN IT…

(I kid, of course!)

1 Like

7 Likes

In Spanish, they are called cuy.

Do they wheek? What sounds do capybaras make?

2 Likes

I don’t know… I’d love to find out, though. SO CUTE!!!

4 Likes