Guy asks "Why are coffee mugs left handed?"

My hot-take: Weird decorative mugs like those in the OP aren’t really meant for consuming liquids out of but are instead intended merely as desk or shelf ornaments. The most utility they should be granted is as pen(cil) holders.

2 Likes

I’m right handed, but I drink left - mouse right. That said, I use cups that don’t have a handle, anyway, so it’s a fait accompli.

2 Likes

I have dated a few left-handers which is why I purchased a left-handed turner by GIR! the moment I saw that there was such a thing.
left

2 Likes

omg i want one. :heart_eyes:

1 Like

This was my favourite mug until my daughter dropped it.

10 Likes

Another lefty here… and I think I’m a two-fisted coffee drinker, also my mugs are plain white so it doesn’t matter which way is front.

Me too.

8 Likes

Is that a hole to discourage right-hand use?

4 Likes

Exactly. It made it my mug, no other family member dared use it.

4 Likes

I have to object to the premise, using data.

Here’s the first page of DDG’s results for “funny mug.”

Excluding mugs that clearly have stuff on both sides, and one double in the picture, I see exactly 13 “left handed” and 13 “right handed” mugs (you can pick which is which, depending on whether you go by the introvert or extrovert theory).

3 Likes

Ooh interesting :slight_smile:

But then again, i occaisionally baffle people by being right-handed and putting a watch on my right arm.

People see the watch and assume me to be left-handed, which sparks confusion when they realise i’m not :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Leftist mugs? All a commie plot! Soon, right arms will atrophy and libs will win. To prevent that, keep those right arms strong with directed masturbation. Coffee in the left hand, genitals in the right, keeps one merry and scary and bright. /s

I wonder which notable two-handed drinker would go ga-ga over this. :thinking:

1 Like

Unless it’s handled like a moonshine jug.

2 Likes

Rumor has it that in a cupboard in the White House kitchen is a cracked Bunnykins mug that Trump often pulls out and takes to bed, weeping uncontrollably for hours.

2 Likes

Yeah its like computer mice with funky, hand conforming shapes. Impossible in the left hand. I am mostly right handed but I use a left handed mouse, a simple symmetrical mouse works fine.

Sorry, not allowed:

1 Like

He may be talking to it, these days. No one loves me, Bunnykins… except for you and I.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.