Guy sends a "hotter more successful" lookalike to his high school reunion

giphy

17 Likes

I attended our ten year reunion but the only person I wanted to talk to was on the run from the police at the time so he didn’t show up.

10 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure anyone who I would be interested in seeing again wouldn’t be at a high school reunion

5 Likes

As far as I am aware, my class of slackers has never even held a reunion. Not that I would have gone if there was one.

3 Likes

Only 800 miles away for me, but graduation was 30 years ago, and I have consistently had zero interest in seeing any of the 650 of them again.

15 Likes

Precisely.

11 Likes

I could live in the same town where I went to high school and I still wouldn’t fucking go.

Then again I wouldn’t live in the same town either for the same reason, but my point is you couldn’t pay me enough to go to one of those things.

15 Likes

I’d go, I am my hotter, more successful self.

26 Likes

Word, so am I… but I simply don’t give a fuck about making sure that people who I didn’t even like 25 years ago know it now.

(Not that you do.)

16 Likes

I know one guy, we made friends 35 years ago, still are. The 500 other people I couldn’t give a shit about.
They just have to invite me :smiling_imp:

12 Likes

he obviously never got over the trauma and i get it. sometimes HS can be a battleground every day and people really do get hurt. i feel bad for the guy tho, that he feels the need to do this. i couldn’t watch more than a couple of minutes of it, so i don’t know what happened. IMO he would have been better off just living his life and saying fuck that reunion entirely. this is a sad story, from the small amount i watched.

7 Likes

One of the guys I played soccer with for the entirety of junior high married a Woman who’s been to the last two reunions. The crowd has been very supportive, and I hope she’s felt welcome.

ETA: I capitalize Women because they rock.

9 Likes

I’m only 4 minutes in, and I have say at this point, “Don’t fuckin’ do it!”

If you’re going, go as yourself.

I almost chickened out the night of my first reunion, and had to smoke a bowl before heading in to relieve my anxiety. I guarantee, your reunion will not be anything like you’d expected. I was completely taken aback by how differently expectations and reality compared, and in the case of a couple of deceased folks I’m so glad I went.

ETA: Well, that was awkward.

11 Likes

I had a similar problem. I knew that showing up to my reunion as the billionaire underwear model that I am would make people feel bad. So I paid a schlubby, hostile loser with social anxiety to go in my place. He did an amazing job.

11 Likes

Every time I’ve seen anyone from high school I’ve just been reminded of how insecure and alone I always felt. It’s not even about not liking the people (though some were outright horrible), but I hate how I always failed to communicate with them and I seem to fall back to the same pattern when I see them so I’d rather stay away. I know who my people are and unfortunately it’s not them. If sending a lookalike to trick them had been plausible I don’t see the point. It wouldn’t make me feel better and it would make them feel worse.

9 Likes

Based on the shitty job the director did with the actor’s “bald” hairdo, and the number of times the camera was aimed directly at the back of the actor’s head during the reunion, it was almost like the director wanted him to be identified as a fraud.

1 Like

Lately I regret skipping every single HS reunion. People keep telling me I’m supposed to continually “network”, otherwise I will remain “unemployed”.

3 Likes

4 Likes

On the bright side I’m closer to achieving my dream of living in my van down by the river.

6 Likes

I decided to skip my 30-year reunion because I already keep in touch with the friends that I want to keep in touch with. And the rest of those people who gave me a hard time 30 years ago, or had no interaction with: I don’t think I really need to see them again.

8 Likes