Half of Brits polled would refuse a safe return-trip the the Moon -- simply not interested

To be fair, the moon is a pretty dull place, both from a tourism and scientific perspective. If the poll had been about going to, I don’t know, Europa, or Titan, or some place where there’s a possibility of life, that would be a different proposition.

1 Like

Dull??? How it it dull??? It has its own unique beauty, just like an earthly desert or mountain area. You have to see LIFE for it to be interesting? I guess the Grand Canyon is just gash in the ground. The Meteor Crater in AZ a divot. Bah.

There is a TON of science, especially for a rockhound like me, that we could be doing. OMG, I could find a new type of mineral! And think about moon based astronomy - no atmosphere to mess up your telescopes.

3 Likes

There is no ass side of the moon, really. Matter of fact, it’s all ass.

1 Like

MF is 2/2 today. Someone should buy him some coffee.

I feel like most REM songs were “choose your own lyric.”

2 Likes

TBF if it’s totally safe the vehicle is going to be built by experts, and I’ll direct you to the current Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster for our country’s opinion on those kinds of people…

1 Like

And to think, I was worried about my carbon footprint from flying!

“Why would I want to go to the Moon? There are already so many places I don’t want to go here on Earth.”

4 Likes

That’s why no one goes there.

2 Likes

When I was maybe 4 yrs old I saw a cartoon of Micky Mouse on the moon. So I thought that we could travel to the moon! I was deeply disappointed to learn that John Glen had only just circled the earth in a capsule. Reality seemed so incredibly dull in that instant.

1 Like

Don’t you remember the Pink Floyd lyric? “See you on the ass-side of the moon!”

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.