Halloween: One Line Ghost Stories

I thought I’d start a One Line Ghost Story thread for our spooky amusement…

7 Likes

Me first…

After a moment, the usual shadow under the bedroom door of 4 legs became 8, and the meowing turned to guttural growls…

11 Likes

After the flowers were laid and the casket lowered, the sound of one falling fistful of soil was followed by faint percussive pummeling - inaudible to the mourners, who heard nothing but the spouse’s sobs through the handkerchief which hid a sinful smile…

12 Likes

Breathless, unblinking, and frozen in place at his writing desk, he could do nothing but note the opening of the door he had just entered through, and the dead-silent slow slide of the banker’s lamp across his desk – then the darkness.

8 Likes

The dusty, tattered sheet fell away slowly… and it wasn’t until he glimpsed his own fetid, decaying, and barely recognizable visage in the fractured glass of the mirror that he even realized he was dead…

9 Likes

As I was gazing across the frozen lake, trying to find the precise spot where I last saw her during that terrible spring, I gradually became aware of her fragrance, the familiar scent she always wore, but increasingly stronger, strong enough to clog the nose and make the eyes water, until the icy wind picked up again, chasing away perfume and memories and uncomfortably drying my downturned eyes.

8 Likes

You never forget the first time you die but eventually you can lose count.

9 Likes

The tiny figure crawling along the floor and through the closed door moaned that it wanted it’s shoes back

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.