Woman found dead, sitting in a chair in her living room, two years after she passed

Originally published at: Woman found dead, sitting in a chair in her living room, two years after she passed | Boing Boing

11 Likes

I’ve been wondering if this sort of thing has become more common since the start of the pandemic.

31 Likes

This is news? I share an office with a dozen of these.

12 Likes

Mary Provost did not look her best / The day the cops bust into her lonely nest…

4 Likes

That’s how I’d like to go - quietly sitting in a chair. (The dying alone bit and no one finding my body for several years is a given.)

26 Likes

There’s a lot more of us in that club than we think, I think.

19 Likes

Now that my electricity, water, phone, and Netflix are paid by automatic deduction, I can see myself breaking that record.

17 Likes

I hope someone updates her social media.

10 Likes

Social media? Somebody just please clear my browser history.

24 Likes

“Woman found dead, sitting in a chair in her living room. Her browser history will amaze you.”

26 Likes

Only if you’re an organ donor…

10 Likes

That’s beautiful.

Despite the creepy way she was found, a la Hitchcock’s “Psycho.”

17 Likes
5 Likes

At least a judge didn’t scold and throw the book at her for not trimming her yard.

16 Likes

As always, there’s an Ask a Mortician for this…

17 Likes

Agreed. A true human, that mayor.

13 Likes

This concept came up last week with a friend: how long would you have to stop responding to attempts to contact you before someone would enter your home to look for you?

I call it the Golik Number, in honor of the person featured in this (possibly apocryphal/exaggerated) story that made the rounds a few years back:
https://toronto.citynews.ca/2008/05/16/womans-body-found-in-her-apartment-42-years-after-she-died/

Poor Hedviga Golik has a Golik Number of 42 years. I suspect mine would be about 3 days.

7 Likes

I will have to listen later.

There is a mummy of sorts in Lucas, Kansas. Some guy began making all of these concrete structures and created “The Garden of Eden”. Rather interesting example of outsider folk art.

I believe when he died he had himself put in a mausoleum with a glass wall. The details are a bit murky for me, and their official site doesn’t mention it. It is possible they finally moved him to a more traditional burial. But for sure when we went, there was a mummy.

4 Likes

This was a case of natural mummification.

I have never heard of that place… thanks!

5 Likes

2 years ago? You mean like she died of covid during lockdown in italy?

2 Likes