Hangin' Tough

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/03/20/hangin-tough.html

1 Like

Self-isolation tastes great with self-loathing.
Two great flavors, one delicious snack!

1 Like

For those that didn’t live throught the 80s it might be hard to believe, but there was a time that the new kids were huge. Don’t get it now anymore than I did then

7 Likes

I didn’t either, but at least they had the good sense to peak and then disappear within about a 3 year time span. Today’s inexplicable fad acts are sticking around for a decade or more.

2 Likes

Ah yes, from the days when Mark Wahlberg was most famous for being the brother of a New Kid.

3 Likes

Had a brother in law that would talk about which boy band was better… boy band loyalty. When he would discuss and compare the bands time would just kind of stop, like he was speaking a foreign language I didn’t understand, but yet still understood every word. Surreal, like waiting for the punchline that never comes.

2 Likes

If this ear worm makes you crazy, just put some Jam On It.

3 Likes

If I have this stuck in my head for however many weeks we are self-isolating I may not make it.

@jlw if it comes to it, you can try replacing one ear-worm with another. For instance, play the below video, but replace Sherona w/ Corona. Viola!

4 Likes

I’ve gotten songs stuck in my head when I had the flu or food poisoning. It’s madness, like being taunted. You’re delirious and confused and some song, often one you don’t like, starts playing on repeat in your head.

1 Like

This one’s got corona virus written all over it.

Yeahnope.

4 Likes

Well, admittedly I am a straight white male, but I recall him being more popular, briefly, for Marky Mark and the Funky Bunch.

God, typing that band name makes me rue the 90’s.

Feel the Vibration…

1 Like

It’s like you’re deliberately ignoring their more credible goth phase on purpose.

(If memory serves, Jordan Knight swapped shirts with one of the “The Right Stuff” video’s lighting techs during shooting because he thought it looked cool).

1 Like

Boston bands tend to set trends.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.