Happy Emperor Norton Day

[Read the post]

10 Likes

May SF once again be so funky.

5 Likes

“Some say he’d gone mad; others say he’d gone wise.”

6 Likes

Fixie, big beard, crazy outfit.

I’m calling bullshit on the photo. This is a b/w picture from SW 6th and Alder taken within the last few years.

10 Likes

Dude. That’s an Uber fixie.

1 Like

All hail Emperor Norton!

Wrong one? Sorry.

5 Likes

I like to think that Frank Chu is John the Baptist to Emperor Norton’s imminent return.

3 Likes

Many thanks for this salute!

The Clampers made their annual pilgrimage to the Emperor’s grave today. But, to file for next year: Emperor Norton died on the 8th, not the 9th.

Cheers!

1 Like

The great “keeper quote” from the Timothy “Speed” Levitch’s excellent segment on the Emperor.

For those who haven’t seen it, the segment starts at about 12:25 at http://www.hulu.com/watch/388607.

I do miss living in the Bay Area. It’s just too damn expensive!

Jason: Just now noticed that your link in this item is to our biographical essay on the Emperor. Thanks so much!

You know, the Emperor was a considerate fellow. Having died in early January but not wanting to leave us for too long in sorrow, he gave us his birthday to celebrate just a few weeks later.

The Campaign invites all Emperor-saluting folk who’ll be in the Bay Area on Thursday 4 February to join us for The Emperor’s 198th: A Birthday Party in Salute of Emperor Norton.

Thanks again,

John Lumea
The Emperor’s Bridge Campaign

3 Likes

John,

You must know that you guys are my one true source for anything Emperor Norton related. I’m a huge fan and wish I was able to get out to more of your events.

Jason

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.