Happy majestic horses peacefully fart and snore in their sleep

[Permalink]

2 Likes

Clueless noob here. I thought horses slept standing up? Or is that just a myth perpetuated so folks can keep horses in smaller quarters?

3 Likes

The horse at 1:36 was pretty much showing off at that point

3 Likes

Wow, now I feel like I’ve always lived in relentlessly urban environments, even though plenty of my friends and neighbors owned horses when I was kid… I’ve never seen so many horses lying down and snoozing in one place before. I guess all of my horse-exposure took place outside of the (ahem) boudoir.

while sharing a deep level of connection and communication with humans

Eye roll. Prove it.

Obligatory:

4 Likes

Came for this. Was not disappointed.

Horse farts are hilarious. A good friend of mine used to jump competitively, and we would hang out around his horses once in a while. One time, he was tiring him on that merry go round thing, for him to frolic and kick around for a while. (i don’t know shit about horses, sorry), We realised that if we made fart sounds with our mouths, the big guy would respond with some real farts of his own. It was quite fun.

4 Likes

I’d say you’ve had enough.

Oh, man… I’d be out there all day.

2 Likes

Sounds like they need a little less alfalfa in their diet.

2 Likes

The link to “Equinisity Retreats” is missing an http:// and therefore is broken.

Just like “Everybody Poops”, “Everybody Farts”*. Doesn’t mean its not funny when bigger animals do it.

*apparently there is a book by this title but not by the same author.

1 Like

Perfect for the ambient noise app I’ve been trying. Mix it into “coffee shop background”.

2 Likes

Horses in the wild tend to sleep standing up, better for a quick escape. Domesticated horses, especially in a comfortable settling, have no problem laying down to sleep. It is a reflection of the comfort the animals have with their current spot - how secure they feel. They can sleep standing up, which is still somewhat unique in the animal kingdom (I believe.) I was always told it is a better rest if they can lay down.

6 Likes

Horses don’t burp either (at least not due to tummy gas) - so it is ALL about the farts!

1 Like

Sure… blame it on the horses! I’ll bet at least a couple of those came from behind the camera.

Somebody was telling me about paying for an expensive, romantic carriage ride around Central Park in New York, and the horse farted nearly every time it took a step. The way she described it sounded hilarious.

2 Likes

I grew up on a horse ranch, and I rarely saw horses lying down for more than a minute or two – with the significant exception of mares giving birth.

EDIT: Actually, just after they gave birth. They actually gave birth standing up.

1 Like

The takeaway here is do not try to have a farting contest with a horse. The horse will always win.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.