Happy mutants day of ice cream: a proclamation

Happy Birthday, my friendly internet mutant brother! May this observance of your birth be full of images of cute cats, and may all who celebrate this most joyous of occasions with you be full of their preferred ice cream(s), and possibly some cake, but ideally ice cream cake (just to keep things simple).

8 Likes

7 Likes

If you want actual, you know, GOOD TASTING ice cream from only one ingredient, try my recipe:

Scoop 1 qt ice cream into bowl; stir gently.

12 Likes

I think you may have mistaken BoingBoing for a place where people aren’t obsessed with bananas. :banana:

10 Likes

I think that’s a little over the top.
All of our dogs have been given small amounts of vanilla ice cream as a treat - about 10ml maximum. Once we’ve established that they have no ill effects, we’ve continued. We normally add their kelp ration to it, which seems to be appreciated. No signs of distress such as gas or loose stool. Mind you, lactose intolerance in itself usually is not that serious, more annoying. If they had milk protein allergy, that would be a very different matter.
I suspect that most domestic dogs have breeding lines which have been exposed to enough milk to reduce the chance of protein allergy very significantly.
I would never give them significant amounts of milk products, though. Or sorbet, which might contain vinous fruit which can be very dangerous.

2 Likes

That’s true.

But It does lead to weight gain and also causes tooth decay.

Not at the rate of 0-10 cc per day. Also, small amounts of kelp are good for dog teeth - iodide acts as an antiseptic.

Don’t forget Brain Freeze.

5 Likes

The Museum of Ice Cream will be opening in March in Los Angeles.

4 Likes

Not 100% SFW. Get a less uptight job.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.