Have you tried spaghetti tacos?

This thread

16 Likes

With bacon!

11 Likes

Sterling work there, buddy, and how happy am I at getting the quote right!? :smiley:

I maintain my gif was prettier but thanks.

Keanu Reeves Reaction GIF

13 Likes

You can, but it’s not great. Of course I think they should be cooked first, but I guess maybe allowed to dry just a little longer than usual? :man_shrugging:

6 Likes

Germany got you covered.

Oh, and for dessert:

8 Likes

My personal recipe has cheese and tabasco with the hot dog.

5 Likes

I remember back in my student days (when dinosaurs stilled roamed the Earth) and I visited some friends. All they had in the cupboard was a pack of spaghetti and a pack of breadcrumbs. And thus was Spaghetti Crumble “invented”.

Yes, it was as bad as you can imagine

4 Likes

This has expanded my mind. I wish to try it.

5 Likes

Spam musubi is only obliquely “American”. It’s a Polynesian dish- part of the long history of Hawaiians and adjacent cultures combining Asian cuisine with whatever they can get for protein. During WWII, that was Spam, and it stuck. Spam is a key ingredient in many a delicious Hawaiian dish. :yum:

12 Likes

Indeed so. The other delicacy that I tried in Seoul was ‘army spam soup’ (that was my friends direct translation of the name) - delivered to the table as stock and ingredients + a gas burner and cooked by us. Lots of instant noodles. Very spicy and sooo tasty!

8 Likes

The key is frying the hot dogs in butter. The ultimate “I have no money, but have to eat” food.

4 Likes

Nope, but I have tried spaghetti omelette (Froġa tat-Tarja)
Delish!

Call me when you’ve done the Macatacohodo 360.

Your ideas interest me and I wish to describe to your newsletter. :face_with_monocle:

3 Likes

There’s actually a couple of southern italian recipes that are similar to that, https://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/sicilian_pasta_con_71056, just need some lemon zest, a garlic clove, olive oil and an anchovy or two to make it in its simplest form.

3 Likes

Heh. As with @FloridaManJefe, this was what we could afford growing up. The bonus was that it was quick and easy to make. Now, every once in a while, it’s comfort food. Ms. Pane thinks I’m nuts. She grew up with nothing, and will never ever eat the food/dishes her mom made growing up. Funny how that works, I guess.

6 Likes

The one of those that stuck with me was frozen creamed spinach. It was a cheap vegetable growing up and now it’s comfort food - even when it’s at an expensive steakhouse.

4 Likes

Spaghetti dressed with olive oil and a garlicky gremolata is pretty good tho

6 Likes

Hot pot!

4 Likes

Just wait until people realize you can deep-fry lasagna.

6 Likes