He hasn't read it, but Trump says Project 2025 has "policies everyone would like"

Originally published at: Trump says Project 2025 has "policies everyone would like" - Boing Boing

5 Likes

Lying The Princess Bride GIF by Disney+

25 Likes

Weird, I keep getting these mailers from my state republican party that highlight that he “disavow(ed) Project 2025”. I’m sure they wouldn’t just lie about that.

11 Likes

Of course it was never written with the intent of Trump reading it, the idea was that he would be the tool to enact it.

Michael Bay doesn’t seek script approval from the pyrotechnics teams. He just expects them to make things explode when he gives them the signal.

22 Likes

Project 2025 has periods, commas, all sorts of letters. Even things like semicolons for the real aficionados. Something for everyone, if you can ignore that the order is designed to offend anyone who’s ever felt the slightest flicker of empathy for another living thing. I’m sure fact checkers can call this “mostly true”.

17 Likes

Do they use that diaeresis thing that The New Yorker uses?

They probably confuse it with umlauts.

7 Likes

I’m now picturing Danny McBride’s character from Tropic Thunder as president

3 Likes

I mean, come on, Project 2025 wasn’t written by Trump, or by the Republican party. It was written by the Heritage Foundation, which is funded by the same people who are funding Trump and the Republican Party. See, two completely separate things.

/s

25 Likes

This may be the only true statement in that quote.

10 Likes

So of course it’s not really true. They were planning all the same things regardless, and putting it out was just showing their hand early, which is a good thing for everyone except the Heritage Foundation and their fellow fascists.

6 Likes

Typical liberal fearmongering. He’s already said it’s ridiculous, and denied knowing the people behind it. There’s no way someone as historically forthright and honest as Donald Trump would lie about that sort of thing. Come on now.

15 Likes

Same here- they get as far as the trash barrel, where they get ripped up and put in with the cat litterbox scoopings. :feral grin:

And if it’s not that, it’s all turbo-attack propaganda on the other party, whereas the few things I’ve gotten from that party are all “This is who we are and what we stand for, please vote for us.” A rather pleasant change of pace, really.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

3 Likes

As in “Coöperate with the Führer”

3 Likes

His saying he hasn’t read it is the most honest proclamation of his political career.

But that doesn’t mean he won’t sign it. Hell, for 4 years he signed into law all sorts of shit he neither read nor comprehended.

And that’s just the way his GOP handlers like it.

Recall this quote:

“We are not auditioning for a fearless leader. We don’t need a president who’ll tell us in what direction to go. We just need a president to sign stuff. Pick a Republican with enough working digits to handle a pen to become President of the United States. His job is to be captain of the team, to sign the legislation that has already been prepared.”
– Grover Norquist, CPAC 2012

15 Likes

Trump also claimed that ending Roe v Wade was something “everyone wanted.” Either he thinks saying things like this will convince people he’s actually super popular, or he has a very different (and very narrow) notion of who is included in “everyone.” (Both, I suspect.)

9 Likes

Yeah, the Heritage Foundation, with which a number of Trump’s staff and Trump’s VP have been directly involved, some of whom personally contributed to the Project 2025 texts. But they’re not Trump himself, so there’s no connection! (I mean, except for the time Trump said that they were the people who were going to be writing and enacting his policies. But, uh, let’s forget about that. He didn’t mean it - he was confused! He doesn’t know who his staff are!)

5 Likes

That much I would completely believe.

8 Likes

I have not read all of it, but there’s at least five parts that are a “holy fuck hell no” from me. So I don’t care if there’s anything in there I might like. Safe bet any good points that might exist can still be implemented without the rest.

4 Likes

We don’t count as everyone, or anyone, in Trump’s mind.

5 Likes

Yeah, Trump constantly sets himself up such that his (disingenuous) defenses would themselves be incredibly damning if true.

5 Likes