A list of the terrible things Project 2025 has in store for us

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/07/a-list-of-the-terrible-things-project-2025-has-in-store-for-us.html

16 Likes

I’m so scared!

13 Likes

As well as all the horrible things, there are other horrible things, like taking the guard rails off financial institutions so that they can cover their racetrack losses with other people’s pensions.

28 Likes

AKA Project 1855

11 Likes

You Feel Me Omg GIF by Bounce

And also, Tromp flat out lied over three dozen times during that debate!

Come on corporate “journalism,” stop acting like Tromp owns you!

33 Likes

Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Where the hell is the media coverage of this? “If Trump wins, they will come for you, kick down your door and drag you off to the camps. Because they can.” Seems like it should be an effective campaign!

34 Likes

They think of course that somehow, the poisonous hatorade will never splash on them.

15 Likes

Thank you for posting this! It seems so likely that if we slide into fascism it’ll be because of the bond of engineered ignorance between the media and the low/no-information voter. (“…don’t care if they cut social security! s’long as I keep gett’n mah monthly checks”)

16 Likes

So now Trump is, shamelessly, denying knowing anything about project 2025:

It’s typical Trump: he’s clearly lying of course (since it’s his top aides who are spearheading the project, he can’t credibly claim he’s ignorant of who’s behind it), but also I’m sure he doesn’t know anything about the details (because he knows nothing in general, and certainly nothing about policy, which he leaves to others), but that won’t stop it from being enacted (and Trump not caring either way, even about the bits he currently claims are “abysmal”).

Even more ridiculously, it feels like the media are giving more attention to his denials than to the actual plans.

23 Likes

Maybe they think It is more a fruitful partnership than a bondage relationship.

7 Likes

He claims to know nothing about this think tank, but he still knows that a lot of things they propose are absurd and even against what he supposedly believes. Either the person knows it or they don’t know it.

16 Likes

Or they know that it will but they are afraid to face it, so they dogpile on Biden instead.

Much more could be said (as I have done elsewhere), but it is the official big lie and the threats of violence that are dangerous to those whose job is to report truth. Trump is on the record as regarding reports as enemies of the people. What should I make — a journalist might ask — of Trump’s talk of arresting journalists? When not confronted, such questions become self-realizing fears.

P.S.

15 Likes

i looked up “republicanpartyplatform.org” and “trumpplatform.org” and found them both available so i bought them. i currently have them redirecting to john oliver’s video about project2025, but am thinking about simply redirecting them to the project2025 website. the point is to firmly attach project2025 with trump, because it’s a loser, and he knows it.

37 Likes

Focusing on what T**** will do seems to be what can work to get people’s attention. I know the Crooked Media folks have been talking about that a bit.

Over the past week I’ve seen anti-Project 2024 all over my social media. So that seems good.

2 Likes

For such a small statement, it’s full of so many contradictions. Trying to have it both ways in “wish[ing] them luck” in their “ridiculous and abysmal” endeavor, for example.

10 Likes

How about both? Redirect to both? I think a 900 page document could be overwhelming, plus I’m sure that the project 2025 spins the whole thing in the best possible light. Oliver does an excellent analysis of at least some of the core problems with the plan…

8 Likes

it’s a simple url redirect, so one link can’t redirect to two different url’s, but i suppose i could link each to a different url. yeah, the length of the actual document has a smokescreen effect where the worst of the details can get lost, that’s why i linked to john oliver, but at the same time, i like the idea of folks thinking my url’s and where they lead is actually legitimate/official. because it certainly should be official.

5 Likes

In that case, I think it’s better to link to the Oliver video… I’m guessing that the Oliver video probably has links in the doobly-doo.

Yeah, they are absolutely going to adopt it. And even if Trump loses bigly in November, they’ll keep pulling this out for any right wing Republican (which is at this point, most of those in power).

9 Likes

25 Likes

For anyone who doesn’t get the reference to “fourteen words”:

13 Likes