GOP Heritage Foundation: Democrats must step in line with MAGA — or expect blood (video)

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/07/03/gop-heritage-foundation-democrats-must-step-in-line-with-maga-or-expect-blood-video.html

12 Likes

Another asshole who somehow thinks that the fascists are the only ones who have the capacity for violence. I suspect most of us would not choose violence, but if it were to be thrust upon us, woe be unto the perpetrator. We are not, and never have been, helpless. The fact that we are not mindlessly cruel does not mean we are weak. I pray we will never have to find out just how not helpless we can be.

64 Likes

Music Festival No GIF by Cosmic Accents

17 Likes

I suspect that there will be blood regardless of the outcome of the election- another insurrection attempt if Biden wins, or much, much worse if he loses.

:: wanders over to the “happy fluffy pet” thread ::

28 Likes

“After we win, we will institute a general state of terror.” what a salesman!

31 Likes

They want their pound of flesh, and think they can do it bloodlessly?

Step closer buddy, and find out.

KeepOnPunchingSmol

32 Likes

I refuse to own a gun, but I’m a darn good shot with a bow and arrows.
disney princess animation GIF

18 Likes

Another asshole who somehow claims that, rather. They rarely turn down a safe chance for violence, and I suspect a lot of the calls for everyone to preemptively surrender instead of fight back come from people who know how dangerous fighting back would actually be to them.

26 Likes

“We’re taking this country back … to the 1830s.”

13 Likes

Seth Meyers What GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

5 Likes

BOTH SIDES???

I am not seeing how you can possibly draw that conclusion. “You will do what we say or there will be violence” is not a bothsides kind of thing.

29 Likes

I’m with ya…

Some people just can’t fucking admit that ONE PARTY IS A FUCKING FASCIST PARTY NOW…

18 Likes

Oh, I’ll state it flatly. One party is a fucking fascist party right now, and I’ve been working on my escape plan just in case.

However, when this guy says “we won’t kill you if you lie down and let us roll over you,” I take that as an invitation to throw the first punch.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Sounds an awful lot like TREASON.

3 Likes

What I want to know is just how seriously Trump and the rest of the GOP assholes are taking the Heritage Foundation. Who’s gone on the record as backing them?

Like, we know they are a bunch of (sometimes wannabe) fascists but do they see HF and Project 2025 as an actual playbook, or just a deranged manifesto from a fringe element?

Biden’s campaign is putting out videos warning people of P2025 (good) but nobody is asking Trump if he’s on board with P2025 (bad). Biden didn’t bring it up in the debate because you don’t speculate in a debate, you’ll look like a fool.

This is some extemist stuff. I have not seen as many stories about P2025 as I expected to. If the GOP considers the Heritage Foundation valid and P2025 a plan, shame on the media for not giving this more coverage. If the GOP is laughing at the whole thing, kudos to the media for not distracting people with bullshit.

4 Likes

Sounds an awful lot like crimes against humanity.

9 Likes

Maybe ask the Trump staffer who is the director of Project 2025, or the four Trump cabinet members who are Heritage Foundation fellows. Until then, there’s plenty of reason to doubt the alignment between P2025 and the Trump party. /s

ETA: I’m sorry about the sarcasm. Trump has demonstrated that 1) He’s not big on coming up with policy, and 2) He will do anything he thinks he can get away with for personal gain. Those two things are enough to make me believe that he will absolutely use P2025 as long as it seems like it will work out for him, even if it wasn’t created by his own people (but it was).

31 Likes

Former staff and cabinet members. There’s no guarantee he’d being them back, he screws everyone over.

There are plenty of reasons not to vote for Trump as it is, I’m just surprised P2025 hasn’t gotten more coverage. That implies to me that the whoever the media consults about what to cover isn’t taking it as seriously as, say, Trump being a felon or Biden seeming a little slow in the debates.

EDIT: and given the SCOTUS decision that official acts have immunity, what Trump could do with P2025 should be front page news… but I’m only seeing it mentioned by media that leans hard left or hard right. The more unbiased outlets seem to be dismissing it as too far-fetched to bother with.

6 Likes

Yep. The media has never taken the actual threat of Trump seriously.

17 Likes