Health and safety related recalls

Hatch Baby recalls nearly 1 million sound machine adapters due to shock hazard

5 Likes

Owner of raw milk creamery behind fatal outbreak sentenced to probation Owner of raw milk creamery behind fatal outbreak sentenced to probation | Food Safety News

5 Likes
5 Likes

July 9

6 Likes
7 Likes

They have identified the source

10 Likes

By the way, the way I found out about this is that Boar’s Head actually called me. I guess they got my name and number from ShopRite, since I have a ShopRite card. At first I was thinking, “How the hell does Boar’s Head know I bought their liverwurst?”

6 Likes

This is a more appropriate place than the food thread (I removed this part from my post there)

Now I’m wondering if the stomach issues I had earlier this week was listeria. Bad stomach pain, nausea, low fever. No vomiting though.

4 Likes

We just got a call this morning from Kroger.

It’s the first time we’ve ever been notified about something like this.

It must be very serious.

3 Likes

Yeah, earlier in the week, Boar’s Head expanded the recall to include a lot more meat. I basically wouldn’t buy Boar’s Head for awhile. Which is unfortunate. I think they make pretty good deli meats. They use a lot less chemical preservatives than, say, an Oscar Mayer. They stick with pretty traditional methods of curing and preserving meat.

4 Likes

Unfortunately, that lack of chemical preservatives is probably what lead to this.

3 Likes

Recall of Sill plant milk in Canada. 3 deaths.

6 Likes

Update to this ongoing cluster:

• On July 30, Boar’s Head expanded their July 26 recall to include all deli products, including prepackaged deli products, in shelf life from this establishment. Look for “EST. 12612” or “P-12612” inside the USDA mark of inspection on the product labels.

43 hospitalized, 3 dead, do not eat this stuff. Breaks my heart, this is one of my favorite brands. But not worth my health or life!

9 Likes

The “largest and most complex” automotive safety recall in US history is still not over, nine years after the first owners were contacted about a fix. Today, Ford issued a “do not drive” advisory for owners who still have not had their Takata airbags replaced, for a mix of vehicles that range from Ranger pickup trucks to the mid-engined GT supercar.

Ryan Reynolds Ugh GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

8 Likes

Not a recall (yet?) but a warning:

4 Likes

Not brands I use or would buy for my family. But a lot of people do

Frustrated Star Trek GIF

3 Likes

But I thought with Temu, we were all shoppin’ like a billionaire!!! Are billionaires okay with toxic chemicals!!!

4 Likes
6 Likes

We won’t know until we start testing on them. Since their body chemistry is the closest we can get to human and there is little chance of researchers becoming too attached to them, they should be ideal subjects.

5 Likes

At this point, I don’t think I would worry about batch codes. If you still have Boar’s Head meats, 86 them. It is not worth the risk. If you haven’t seen the inspection reports on the factory in VA, don’t. It is disgusting and gross. Avoid at all costs.

5 Likes