Health and safety related recalls

Because we seem to have had a remarkable number of “if you buy this you might die” things lately. I won’t cross post all the stuff from the PSA BSA thread, but going forward, this will get those stories.

8 Likes

Good idea!

Cucumber recall…

7 Likes
8 Likes

ETA:
Speakers too. A3102

5 Likes
5 Likes
5 Likes

The supplements are not believed to be sold in the United States, but they are available in Mexico and can be ordered online, Wei, a second-year resident at the University of Southern California, Los Angeles, told Medscape Medical News .

Well, that answered my first question. No doubt that glucocorticoids make arthritis feel better. While they are destroying other systems. I am old enough to remember steroid-dependent asthmatics. This was a truly horrible thing, because although steroids are amazing for inflammation reduction, their side effect profile does not spare much of anything. And adding them into a supplement available OTC is pretty much unforgivable in my book. People will (and have been) be seriously hurt by this shit.

5 Likes

In Tuesday’s update, the FDA also expanded the products linked to the illnesses. In addition to all flavors of Diamond Shruumz’s Microdosing Chocolate Bars, the agency’s warning now covers all flavors of the brand’s Infused Cones and Micro Dose and Macro Dose Gummies.
According to the FDA, the most recent case fell ill on June 9. On June 7, the FDA issued its initial warning on Diamond Shruumz’s chocolates, reporting that eight people had been sickened in four states, with six people hospitalized. The agency advised the public not to sell, serve, buy, or consume the chocolates and instead discard them.
The candies are available nationwide. They are sold online—where they remain available for purchase as of Tuesday evening—and can also be found in various retail locations throughout the US, including smoke/vape shops and retailers that sell hemp-derived products.

I feel I need to question the idea of “microdosing” in this context. Anyway, be aware.

It remains unclear what exactly is in the candies and what could cause such severe toxicity. The company does not provide ingredient lists for its products on its website. The term “microdosing” typically suggests a small amount of psychedelic compound is present, and Diamond Shruumz markets its products as “trippy,” “psychedelic,” and “hallucinogenic.” But lab reports posted on Diamond Shruumz’s website indicate that its candies do not contain the notable mushroom-derived psychedelic compound, psilocybin.

5 Likes