Hear Paul Giamatti’s funny side in this freewheeling podcast

Originally published at: Hear Paul Giamatti’s funny side in this freewheeling podcast - Boing Boing

I might enjoy a coffee or fifty with this podcast.

1 Like

So who is making all that coffee?

1 Like

If you like it, Giamatti has his own podcast called Chinwag that he does with a professor of philosophy: Chinwag — Treefort

Guests include Neil Gaiman and Bruce Campbell.

2 Likes

I listened to the podcast when it was released and now, having seen The Holdovers last night, I really don’t understand Maron’s problem with the helicopter “airlift” of the other kids.
The script hews pretty strongly to Chekhov’s gun and while it’s a bit quick all the seeds of the helicopter are there in the early scenes with the kids.
After the earlier Maron episode with the former comic who became a obstacle racer revealed that Maron missed the opening explanation of the sport in the doc the guy had made, it might be a guess that this guy takes a while to settle into paying full attention or something,
It was such a weird thing to focus on though.

It’s not like he hides his funny side. I had gender issues with “Sideways,” but I thought he was hilarious in it.

2 Likes

i’ve had a low-grade crush on Giamatti ever since Sideways, i think, and the more i see and learn about him, the more i like him. He’s VERY funny, charmingly self-deprecating, and always seems to give 100% during interviews of all kinds. Also, he’s apparently a huge vintage sci-fi nerd. what’s not to love!

loved him in american splendor;

2 Likes

My kids liked him in his blue period.

Big Fart Liar

Edit - the “r” is silent: Big Fat Liar

1 Like

He’ll always be John Adams to me.

tumblr_mcv9rhAf8k1qe1l45o2_r1_250

john-adams-stark-raving-mad

2 Likes

that series was so good!

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.