Hear "Weird Al" Yankovic's unreleased parody of The Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2018/03/09/heat-weird-al-yankovics.html

2 Likes

M-M-M-My Bologna!!

3 Likes

His unreleased parody of U2’s “Numb”:

5 Likes

…well, they can’t all be hits.

Also, here’s his unreleased parody of Celine Dion’s “My Heart Will Go On”…

B-B-B-B-Bonferroni!

Hear “Weird Al” Yankovic’s unreleased parody of The Who’s “Won’t Get Fooled Again”

No thank you, I’m fine.

1 Like

Weird Al is a national treasure. There is simply no one like him. I listened to his tapes until they wore out as a kid. I know most of his songs from start to finish by heart. I just recently took my kids to his concert and now that’s all they listen to on our Echo. My wife is taking me to his current concert series where he sits down with a smaller venue and sings more of his obscure and non-parody songs and I can’t wait. If you hate Weird Al then I probably hate you.

9 Likes

The parody is well written and properly silly like everything weird al does, but holy hell the accordion rendition is amazing.

3 Likes

“Eat the new sauce. Same as the old sauce.”

So many of his early songs were about food.

2 Likes

My teenage daughter lives for Weird Al, They Might Be Giants, and Jonathan Coulton. Kids today are very strange and have access to such an archive of music. My teenage son’s thing is early 70s folk-rock like Neil Young, Creedence and Eagles.

1 Like

It’s a terrific show. Just saw it last week. He mixes up the setlist every night so there’s no predicting what he’ll do, but he pulled out songs like “Albuquerque”, “UHF”, “Airline Amy” and my favorite, “Biggest Ball of Twine in Minnesota”. Emo Philips killed as the opening act, too.

2 Likes

I have front row tickets for the KC show, can’t wait.

1 Like

Oh man, Steve Anthony! (The guy at the end.)

I haven’t thought about him in decades!

That accordeon.
Jesus, that was incredibe!

I know Weird Al from listening to the Dr. Demento Show late nights on Sundays while I was at work. Nothing could take the creepiness out of the air of a mostly empty parking garage like The Dr. Demento Show!

I’d have to say that Joe Earley’s jews harp was the stand out instrument on that track.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.